Chapter 983: Beautiful Girl (28)

Having heard that girls disliked things that were too casual, Wei Liang had deliberately groomed himself carefully, bought a beautiful bouquet of roses, and even reserved a table at an upscale Western restaurant.

All he had to do was wait for Tang Guo to agree, and he would take her there.

As sweat dampened his palms, a trace of apology appeared on Tang Guo's beautiful face.

“I'm sorry.”

Wei Liang's smile froze instantly.

Never in his wildest dreams had he expected to be rejected so simply.

It was exactly the same as several months ago. She didn't even hesitate for a moment. If she had paused, even slightly, he would have felt a little better.

He had worked so hard all this time. For today's confession alone, he had spent the entire day preparing, all because he wanted to leave her with a good impression.

He had been certain she would agree.

He never imagined she would reject him.

“Forget it, then.”

Wei Liang quickly recovered.

“You've already rejected me once. Looks like I was just overthinking things.”

After exchanging a few words with him, Tang Guo bid him farewell and left.

The expression on Wei Liang's face darkened. At that moment, Zuo Ran called.

“Did you succeed?”

“No.” Wei Liang's voice was icy. He threw the bouquet onto the ground and viciously stomped on it twice. “I'm really unwilling to accept this. We've spent so much time on her, and she didn't even hesitate. Could it be that she's just been toying with us all along?”

“Same place. Want to grab a drink?”

“Wait for me.”

After the failed confessions, neither Zuo Ran nor Wei Liang appeared by Tang Guo's side again.

Both of them were proud rich young masters. There was no way they would continue shamelessly clinging to someone after being rejected again and again.

Since they stopped looking for her, Tang Guo also stopped taking part-time jobs. With one week remaining before school started, she checked the stock market and cashed out most of her holdings, leaving the rest to continue snowballing.

The stocks she had purchased had risen even better than she had expected.

Originally, she thought having more than ten million before school began would already be enough.

Unexpectedly, the amount she had cashed out alone was already close to twenty million.

One day, curled up on the sofa at home, she said to the system, “Help me find the private contact information of the world's top lawyers. I want their weaknesses and hobbies as well. Get everything.”

The system's entire database trembled.

“Understood, Host.”

He was now invincible across the internet. As long as something was connected to the web, nothing could stop him.

Within an hour, he had gathered information on the world's top lawyers. Not only had he obtained their private contact information, he had also uncovered their weaknesses and secrets, laying all of their leverage neatly before Tang Guo.

Looking through their profiles, Tang Guo sighed.

“I'm still too poor. Fortunately, I can pay their fees with other things.”

“Tongzi, go through the system space and pick out items they're interested in. Take photos and send them by email. If they're interested, they'll definitely contact you.”

“Okay, Host. Once they contact me, what should I tell them?”

“Tell them to come here. I have a lawsuit that I need them to fight. As long as they can win, I'll give them whatever they want.”

The system knew that this time, Host was serious.

Following Tang Guo's instructions, he carried out the plan.

Those top lawyers were astonished by the mysterious emails that suddenly appeared in their private inboxes, because no outsiders should have known those addresses.

And when they saw the items they coveted, they indeed contacted the system.

After informing Tang Guo, the system sent them a file.

Upon reading its contents, thirty out of the fifty lawyers agreed to take on this unusual case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father