Chapter 960: Beautiful Girl (5)
"Failed, huh? Hahaha."
The
moment Wei Liang saw Zuo Ran entering the private room alone, he knew the
outcome.
His
pursuit of Tang Guo had ended exactly the same way as his own—
In
complete failure.
With
an ugly expression, Zuo Ran found a seat and lazily sprawled across the sofa.
Half-closing his eyes, he curled his lips into a faint smile.
"As
expected of the school's untouchable flower. I've spent half a month on her and
tried everything. I sent gifts, but she wouldn't accept them. I offered to take
her home, and she refused. I even lined up to get food for her, and she just
told me it wasn't necessary. In all my years, this is the first time I've
encountered such a difficult girl."
Wei
Liang shook his head.
"I
spent a whole month, and I still got nowhere. The worst part is that she
doesn't want anything."
Rubbing
his chin, he frowned.
"I
refuse to believe that girls her age don't like luxury goods, expensive
handbags, jewelry, or competing with others."
"I
don't think she likes those things at all."
Zuo
Ran hesitated before continuing.
"Over
the past half month, I've practically laid everything girls usually like right
in front of her. She's genuinely different from other girls. She didn't even
spare them a glance. That much, I'm sure of."
"No
matter what, I don't believe she doesn't have weaknesses."
Wei
Liang laughed lightly.
"Everyone
has weaknesses. There has to be something that can move her. Maybe she knows
our identities and thinks we're just playing around with her, so she doesn't
dare accept anything."
"You
mean…?"
"I
think we haven't been sincere enough while pursuing her."
Wei
Liang answered seriously.
"I
feel she's very guarded against us. Maybe that's why she doesn't dare get
close. So what if we change our approach?"
There
were four people in the private room.
At
school, they were known as the Four Campus Princes, the four wealthy heirs.
Unlike
ordinary rich second-generation kids, not only did they come from extraordinary
backgrounds, but they also possessed top-tier academic results.
Among
them, Wei Liang and Zuo Ran shared the closest relationship. Their hobbies were
also remarkably similar.
Both
had a peculiar fascination with "special" girls.
Their
favorite pastime was tearing away the masks of seemingly innocent girls and
exposing their vanity.
Their
usual method was simple—
Use
money to win the girls over.
They
enjoyed watching those girls become cautious around them, desperately trying to
please them, while secretly competing with others.
To
them, that was entertainment.
Once
they lost interest, they would compensate the girls with a generous amount of
money.
In
most cases, the girls couldn't bear to break up.
But
because the compensation was always plentiful, they eventually agreed.
Even
after separating, they continued to regard the two as the perfect men in their
hearts.
Whenever
they dated someone new, they would unconsciously compare their boyfriends with
the two, complaining inwardly that their current partners were stingy and
lacking.
That
was precisely the result Wei Liang and Zuo Ran desired.
They
enjoyed watching pure and innocent faces gradually become greedy and ugly.
Perhaps
it was simply a twisted hobby of theirs.
Among
the other two young men was Song Zhouchen.
At
the moment, he sat quietly to the side, drinking in silence.
Noticing
his unusual mood, Zuo Ran and Wei Liang moved over.
Patting
Song Zhouchen's shoulder, Wei Liang grinned.
"Zhouchen,
why so gloomy? That's not like you. Is there really something in this world
that can trouble you?"
Zuo
Ran smiled faintly.
"Come
to think of it…"
"Could
it be because of that little girl you were talking to the other day?"
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ