Chapter 935: The Young Empress (72)
"Grand Chief Eunuch, send all the secret memorials from the various regions to Prince Yue. She sets out tomorrow, so she can read them slowly along the way."
The
Grand Chief Eunuch's lips twitched before she hurriedly replied, "Yes,
Your Majesty. This servant will attend to it immediately."
Recalling
the entire basketful of secret memorials, she silently observed a moment of
mourning for Prince Yue.
She
truly couldn't tell whether Her Majesty valued Prince Yue highly or was
deliberately tormenting her.
Such
matters were anything but simple to handle.
Without
three to five years, it would be impossible to sort everything out.
Tang
Nuoyue returned to her residence in an excellent mood. Her Prince Consort, Shan
Ge, immediately stepped forward and asked, "Your Highness, did Her Majesty
give any instructions?"
Seeing
that Tang Nuoyue was unharmed, Shan Ge secretly relaxed. They were now on the
same side, and nothing could happen to her.
"Her
Majesty has entrusted this prince with an important task. I can tell this is
both Her Majesty's recognition and consideration for me. Therefore, I must
carry it out flawlessly."
Joy
appeared on Shan Ge's face as well.
He
was actually rather clever and didn't ask what the task was. After a moment's
hesitation, he asked, "Will Your Highness be leaving the capital?"
"Mm,
I'll be leaving. I probably won't return for quite some time."
Remembering
the restless Xiao Jin still residing in her estate, Tang Nuoyue narrowed her
eyes and beckoned Shan Ge closer. As he bent down before her, she whispered
softly,
"After
I leave, you'll be in charge of the residence. If there are any troublesome
things that refuse to behave, deal with them however you wish. As long as no
one dies, everything else is up to you."
"And
if you truly can't handle something, go see the Imperial Consort."
Tang
Nuoyue had come to understand one thing.
Ever
since losing her memories, her little sister the Empress doted only upon the
Imperial Consort.
In
fact, at the beginning, she had even wondered whether her little sister had
been replaced by some transmigrator.
But
after seeing her several times, the feeling she gave was still the same as
before.
Strangely
enough, the only people she had forgotten were all the men of the harem except
the Imperial Consort.
Tang
Nuoyue didn't dwell on it.
As
long as her little sister hadn't been replaced and was now entrusting her with
important responsibilities, she had to perform well.
Being
a useful prince was better than being an idle one.
Her
little sister had tolerated the previous incident, which proved she wasn't a
petty ruler. As long as she remained respectful, her life should be quite
comfortable.
Hearing
Tang Nuoyue's words, Shan Ge felt reassured.
It
seemed the Prince truly treated him sincerely. She had even said such things,
and the troublesome person she referred to was probably Xiao Jin.
Thinking
back to something he had accidentally witnessed before, Shan Ge said,
"Your Highness, I discovered that Xiao Jin secretly left the residence
before. He knows martial arts, so it was difficult to send people after him. I
have no idea where he went."
"You
don't need to worry about things outside the residence. Our Empress is
formidable. If anything unusual happens and you can't deal with it, simply
enter the palace and report it to the Imperial Consort, understand?"
"I'll
leave some people behind to protect you. Whatever you want to do, do it
boldly."
Naturally,
Tang Nuoyue disliked Xiao Jin.
His
identity was complicated, and he was capable. Yet she couldn't simply kill him.
As
for Shan Ge, he knew his place.
She
could easily grant him authority and let him deal with Xiao Jin.
It
was indeed using him, but she could reward Shan Ge with honor and prosperity
for the rest of his life.
He
was a clever man. He knew which choice to make and wouldn't mind.
Sure
enough, Shan Ge's face was filled only with delight as he quickly assured her
that he understood.
The
next day, Tang Nuoyue quietly left the imperial capital in an unadorned
carriage.
"Fuck!!"
"Why
do I have this feeling that I've been tricked?!"
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ