Chapter 932: The Young Empress (69)

"How are we different?" Nan Yunchuan did not lift his head. In his eyes, they were exactly the same.

Both of them had only realized they loved her after hurting her. By then, regret had come too late, and they had already lost her forever.

"Of course we're different."

A faint smile appeared on Su Qing's face.

"You gave up after losing her. You're content to hide away in this tiny courtyard, gazing at objects and thinking of her. As for me..."

"And what about you?" Nan Yunchuan asked.

Su Qing lowered his voice, his tone filled with endless affection.

"I haven't given up. As long as I, Su Qing, am still alive, I never will. Even if I can't be one of the men in her harem, I can still become something else. One day, I will have her."

Nan Yunchuan raised his head again. He wasn't surprised by Su Qing's answer.

This was Su Qing's nature.

The man he had always known.

"What are you planning to do?"

"You still haven't given up on overthrowing Western Saint Kingdom, have you?"

Admiration flashed through Su Qing's eyes.

"Indeed. As expected of Brother Yunchuan, the person who understands me best. I truly haven't given up."

"And how do you intend to do that?" Nan Yunchuan asked. "Continue trying to overthrow Western Saint Kingdom and hurt her?"

"No. How could I possibly hurt her?"

Su Qing's tone became urgent.

"What I intend to destroy is Western Saint Kingdom. Her support, her foundation, is Western Saint Kingdom. Once it's gone, she'll have no one to rely on but me. Then I can truly have her."

"Brother Yunchuan, do you understand now? In this world, only by possessing absolute power can one obtain what one desires."

After hearing that, Nan Yunchuan actually relaxed.

"That would take many years. With your current status, it's basically impossible unless you rely on outside forces."

He paused before continuing.

"And Tang Nuoyue is no longer an option."

"I know."

Su Qing sighed.

"I never intended to use Tang Nuoyue again. That woman is too foolish and too cowardly."

Then he looked at Nan Yunchuan.

"Brother Yunchuan, I've come to bid you farewell. I'm leaving."

"And I'd like to ask you one thing."

"Would you come with me?"

"But if you do, you must agree to one condition."

"What condition?"

"If we succeed, you may have anything you want."

"But you are absolutely forbidden from competing with me for her."

"She can only belong to me."

"Hahaha..."

Nan Yunchuan burst into laughter. Still caressing the white jade chessboard, he shook his head.

"No. I'm not leaving."

"Brother Su, I wish you success."

"If I were to leave and pursue the same thing you are, I would demand the exact same condition. Two tigers cannot share one mountain."

"So I'd rather remain here."

"And besides..."

"The place you're going must be far away. How many years will pass before you can see her again?"

"I'm here in the imperial capital. I don't have to wander from place to place. Even if I can never see her again, I can still do as you said and gaze upon these things while thinking of her."

"I'm someone who has committed unforgivable mistakes."

"Perhaps living like this isn't so bad."

"Forget it. I knew you'd make this choice."

Su Qing no longer tried to persuade him.

He had merely come to say goodbye.

If Nan Yunchuan had truly agreed to leave with him, it would have meant that Nan Yunchuan wanted to compete with him for her.

Nan Yunchuan's abilities were by no means inferior.

By the time he succeeded in obtaining her, he would still have to deal with an internal threat. That would only complicate matters.

"I'm leaving, Brother Yunchuan."

"I'm not seeing you off."

"I don't need you to."

Su Qing smiled faintly.

"Brother Yunchuan, just wait."

"When I return to Western Saint Kingdom, it will no longer be Western Saint Kingdom."

"And she..."

"Will belong only to me."

Turning around, he glanced one last time at the man sitting there with his head lowered, smiling as he handled the objects around him.

Su Qing let out a derisive laugh.

What was the point of staring at things and longing for someone?

If you wanted something, you had to seize it with your own hands.

Nan Yunchuan was nothing more than a coward.

They had never been alike.

They were simply not the same kind of people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father