Chapter 931: The Young Empress (68)
"Brother Xiao, I've never thought about giving up."
Xiao
Jin finally let out a sigh of relief and smiled. "Good, Brother Su. I knew
I hadn't misjudged you. You're the one truly capable of accomplishing great
things."
Taking
out a jade token, Xiao Jin pushed it toward Su Qing.
"Take
this token to Qi Kingdom. Follow the instructions I've given you and seek out
those people. I'll write you a letter as well. Once they see it, they'll
naturally obey your commands."
"Brother
Su, everything from here on depends on you. I'll keep an eye on matters in
Western Saint Kingdom and send you news whenever possible."
Originally,
Xiao Jin had not intended to do this.
But
he had no other choice.
His
rivals undoubtedly knew that he still possessed hidden forces, which was why
they had arranged for him to become a hostage prince in Western Saint Kingdom.
Thus,
it was impossible for him to return.
Even
if the Empress of Western Saint Kingdom were willing to send him back, the
people in Qi Kingdom would intercept and kill him halfway. They would never
allow him to set foot in Qi Kingdom again.
Su
Qing, however, was different.
Now
a free man, he could travel wherever he wished without anyone restricting him.
Who
would ever imagine that a man from Western Saint Kingdom would travel to Qi
Kingdom to achieve great things?
Su
Qing accepted the jade token.
"Very
well. I won't disappoint you. I will overthrow Western Saint Kingdom."
Yes.
He
still intended to destroy Western Saint Kingdom.
In
the past, his reason had been to restore the status of men.
Now,
it was for the sake of obtaining Her Majesty.
If
he remained a mere commoner, he would never be able to possess her.
But
what if the lofty Empress became the ruler of a fallen nation?
If
he personally destroyed her country and imprisoned her by his side, then from
that day onward, she would only be able to rely on him.
She
would belong to him alone.
A
faint smile appeared on Su Qing's face.
Imagining
that scene, the smile in his eyes deepened even further.
Xiao
Jin suspected nothing.
"I'll
have someone deliver the letter to you tomorrow. I must return now. We can't
let anyone become suspicious."
"Very
well."
Su
Qing watched Xiao Jin's departing figure disappear into the distance before
calmly putting away the jade token.
The
next day, he received Xiao Jin's letter.
On
the third day, he went to see Nan Yunchuan.
"Brother
Yunchuan, I'm leaving."
Nan
Yunchuan paused in the middle of wiping the chessboard, then continued
polishing it as he asked, "Where are you going?"
Suddenly,
he froze.
"You're
no longer staying in the palace?"
"It
seems you haven't heard."
Su
Qing smiled faintly.
"The
Empress has disbanded the harem, keeping only the Imperial Consort."
Nan
Yunchuan stopped moving altogether and looked at him in confusion, as if
silently asking why.
"It's
my fault."
Su
Qing sat down somewhat dejectedly, his voice cold and distant.
"I
did something that caused the Empress to lose her memories. She no longer
remembers us. The only person she remembers is the Imperial Consort who rescued
her in the end. She's deeply in love with him and dissolved the harem for his
sake."
"You're
jealous, aren't you, Brother Yunchuan?"
Nan
Yunchuan stared at Su Qing's miserable smile. The fist he had been about to
throw halted in midair.
"You're
jealous too, aren't you?"
"You're
regretting it, Su Qing. You regret hurting her, don't you?"
Then
he burst into laughter.
"Hahahaha!
Su Qing, you're just like me. You regret it too."
"You
deserve it. You deserve it. People who hurt her should indeed be driven
out."
After
saying that, he squatted on the ground and resumed wiping those objects he had
already cleaned countless times.
"Yes,
I regret it."
Su
Qing let out a sigh.
"If
I had known she would one day take up residence in my heart, I would never have
chosen that path."
"But,
Brother Yunchuan..."
"We're
not the same."
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ