Chapter 911: The Young Empress (48)

“Tomorrow, I'm taking Su Qing out for a stroll.”

As usual, Jing Cheng had just finished practicing his sword and was walking back when he heard Tang Guo say this.

He still practiced at the same time every day, but unlike before, when the only people who watched him were the servants attending to him, things had changed.

Nowadays, whenever his Empress had free time, she would secretly slip over to watch him.

In the past, his palace hadn't even stocked flower tea. Now, there was every kind imaginable.

Before, he practiced swordsmanship because he loved it. Swinging his sword made him feel invigorated. Without it, life in the cold and lonely palace would have been unbearably dull.

Now, aside from his own enjoyment, there was another reason.

Someone very important to him would stand nearby and watch.

His Empress would smile brightly and say to him,

“The way you wield a sword is so handsome.”

Because of those words alone, his sword techniques had changed from simple and efficient to elaborate and refined. Every move had to be practical, but also beautiful.

Every time he turned around, he would meet those exceptionally bright eyes.

And within them, reflected only his own image.

“Your Majesty is telling me this because you're afraid I might misunderstand something?” Jing Cheng handed his sword to a servant. Instead of returning to his seat, he walked directly to her and bent down slightly.

Their faces were very close.

His eyes gazed at her seriously.

Tang Guo looked straight back at him, the corners of her lips lifting.

“Yes.”

“I understand.”

His eyes filled with laughter.

He reached out and pinched her chin, lowering his voice.

“Of course I trust Your Majesty. But I'm still disappointed that the first person to accompany Your Majesty outside the palace isn't me.”

“And what does the Imperial Consort intend to do about it?”

“Like this…”

Before Tang Guo could react, warm lips covered hers.

She looked at him with slight surprise, though there was no shock or panic in her eyes.

The servants around them hurriedly lowered their heads.

Heavens! The Imperial Consort is truly bold! He actually dared to pinch Her Majesty's chin and kiss the Empress on the lips!

The Chief Eunuch nearly trembled like a sieve.

So this was the type Her Majesty liked.

She could say with certainty that the Empress wasn't angry in the slightest.

On the contrary, she seemed to enjoy the Imperial Consort's actions.

“Your Majesty, at times like this, you should close your eyes.”

Jing Cheng opened his own eyes and found that his Empress was staring at him with wide-open eyes.

His ears immediately turned red.

Yet he had no intention of letting go.

The taste of his Empress was even sweeter than he had imagined.

Tang Guo wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Very well, as you wish. I'll close my eyes.”

The Chief Eunuch silently despaired.

If I leave now… is it still in time? I really didn't hear anything. The Imperial Consort is truly bold, and Her Majesty spoils him far too much.

There was no need to doubt anymore.

The Imperial Consort was the one who held the most important place in the Empress's heart.

The system sighed.

Seen it too many times. Boring, boring. Shielding myself, shielding myself.

Being a single system suddenly feels rather lonely.

Only after a long while did Jing Cheng release Tang Guo.

With obvious regret, he muttered,

“Your Majesty still has several months before reaching adulthood.”

Otherwise…

They could do much more.

At this moment, he desperately wished to possess his Empress completely.

The system clicked its tongue.

Tut, tut, tut.

“Don't rush. A few months will pass quickly.”

Tang Guo pushed him away gently and touched his back, feeling the dampness from his sweat.

“Go bathe and change your clothes first. If you wait too long, you'll catch a chill.”

“Alright, I'll go right away. Your Majesty, wait for me.”

The next day, according to his agreement with Su Qing, after court had adjourned, Tang Guo left the palace with him for a leisurely outing.
:::

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father