Chapter 908: The Young Empress (45)

Chapter 908: The Young Empress (45)

No matter what Nan Yunchuan did now, he would never regain the Empress's trust.

Su Qing decided that in a few days, when he had the opportunity to leave the palace, he would personally go and see Nan Yunchuan.

“Your Majesty isn't saddened?”

Jing Cheng knew about everything that had happened. He had never expected Nan Yunchuan to become involved with Tang Nuoyue.

With his intelligence, it wasn't hard to guess what Nan Yunchuan had intended. Getting close to Tang Nuoyue certainly wasn't because he genuinely liked her; he wanted to make use of her identity.

If Tang Nuoyue opposed the Empress, it would merely be a struggle between sisters.

But if a man openly challenged the Empress, it would be an outrage against heaven itself.

Anyone could see that the former option was easier and far more legitimate, especially with someone like Tang Nuoyue, who seemed rather simple-minded.

But was she really that simple?

Jing Cheng narrowed his eyes. He always felt there was something strange about Tang Nuoyue. On the surface, she appeared ignorant and straightforward, but what she was really like remained to be seen.

“Why would I be sad?”

Tang Guo looked completely unconcerned as she leisurely ate. “I expected all of this long ago.”

Jing Cheng hesitated before asking, “Then, was Your Majesty sincere toward Nan Yunchuan in the beginning? Or were you simply treating him well to see what choice he would make in the end?”

“Imperial Consort, perhaps you don't understand.” Tang Guo smiled. “When I treat someone well, I do it sincerely. As for observing what choices they make, that's merely incidental.”

“You truly cared about Nan Yunchuan?”

Tang Guo immediately caught the undertone. “So that's what the Imperial Consort is concerned about?”

“Of course.” Jing Cheng made no attempt to hide it. “Your Majesty is far too attractive. Jing Cheng cannot help but care. You promised that in the future, you would belong to me alone. I have to keep a close eye on you to make sure your heart doesn't change.”

“I never regarded Nan Yunchuan with romantic feelings,” Tang Guo said patiently. “Imperial Consort, you may rest assured. If I say I'll only treat you well, then I will only treat you well.”

Faced with someone so adorable, Tang Guo was unusually patient.

“Do you believe me?”

“Whatever Your Majesty says, I believe.”

The system silently nodded.

Now that's enlightenment. If you want to win your wife, you have to be shameless enough. That's the path to success.

Both of them finished the meal in excellent spirits.

“What does Your Majesty plan to do next?” Jing Cheng asked, because there was still Su Qing in the palace.

Su Qing was different from Nan Yunchuan. He appeared sentimental and melancholic, but in reality, his heart was exceptionally hard.

“That depends on what he chooses to do.” Tang Guo curved her lips into a smile. “Whatever the outcome, it will be the result of each person's own choices. Don't you think so, Jing Cheng?”

“Yes.”

Wasn't that exactly the case?

If Nan Yunchuan hadn't desired to overthrow the Empress's rule, things would never have reached this point.

According to the information he had received, ever since that incident, Nan Yunchuan had completely lost his spirit. He spent every day hiding in that courtyard, absentmindedly playing with the gifts the Empress had given him.

So why bother?

As for Su Qing…

Jing Cheng believed that no matter how hard a person's heart might be, even they would be moved by such an exceptional Empress.

The Empress had once said that when she treated someone well, she did so with genuine sincerity.

No one could remain untouched by sincerity.

The only difference was how much they were moved.

Two days later, Su Qing left the palace.

He first returned home, then secretly made his way to Nan Yunchuan's courtyard.

The moment he stepped inside, he saw Nan Yunchuan sitting in a pitiful state amidst piles of rare treasures, caressing those objects over and over again.

“Brother Yunchuan.”

Su Qing strode forward and grabbed Nan Yunchuan by the collar. His usually cold voice rang out.

“Have you forgotten what we set out to accomplish?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father