Chapter 894: The Young Empress (31)
After watching everything Tang Nuoyue had done, Tang Guo could only marvel in admiration.
【Host, did you see that? Tang Nuoyue is far more uninhibited than you are. She can bend or stand straight depending on what's needed. Human words, ghost words—whatever sounds best, she'll say it. That Shan Ge has already been wrapped completely around her finger. I doubt he'd listen to anyone else now.】
The system couldn't resist continuing.
【Host, you should really learn something from her. Hurry up and, you know... take your Imperial Consort already. You're far too reasonable.】
Tang Guo nearly choked.
She had thought the system was encouraging her to learn Tang Nuoyue's methods of manipulation and persuasion.
Who would have guessed that the system had become so crooked that it was actually telling her to seduce Jing Cheng?
"System, you've gone bad."
【Host, I'm only stating facts. Look at Tang Nuoyue. Xiao Jin is already her man, and now Shan Ge has willingly become one of her people too. I bet Yin Qiu won't last much longer before he falls in line as well.】
The system continued analyzing enthusiastically.
【As for Nan Yunchuan and Su Qing, they're determined to achieve their goals. Sooner or later they'll end up entangled with Tang Nuoyue too. Though now that Tang Nuoyue wants to cling to your thigh, she probably won't get involved with them that way. Honestly, that makes things a little less entertaining.】
Tang Guo narrowed her eyes.
"Then I'll give them a chance."
A faint smile curved her lips.
"I have no interest in those two men. Since Tang Nuoyue enjoys playing games so much, she can have her wish."
The system was delighted.
It seemed its host had finally made a decision.
【Then, Host, when are you planning to, you know... take your Imperial Consort?】
Tang Guo suddenly felt the urge to block the system entirely.
Since when had it become this shameless?
"In the future, if I come across a female system, I'll keep an eye out for you."
With that, Tang Guo opened her eyes and refused to continue the conversation.
The system immediately regretted its words.
Had it become too carried away?
"Your Majesty, you're awake?"
Although Jing Cheng had been reading, part of his attention had remained fixed on Tang Guo the entire time.
She had been leaning against him, and because of that he had not moved a single inch for half an hour.
For a martial artist, such a thing wasn't particularly difficult.
Still, maintaining the exact same position for so long inevitably caused some discomfort.
Carefully, Jing Cheng helped her sit upright.
Only then did Tang Guo notice the blanket draped over her.
Clearly, Jing Cheng had worried she might get cold.
He truly was a thoughtful person.
"That was a very pleasant nap."
Smiling, Tang Guo stood up.
When she noticed Jing Cheng stretching his arms, she immediately reached out and grabbed them.
With a teasing smile, she asked, "Have they gone numb?"
Jing Cheng wanted to deny it.
Unfortunately, her gaze was far too sharp.
In the end, he could only answer honestly.
"A little."
"The Imperial Consort is such a fool."
Jing Cheng merely smiled.
There was nothing he could do about it.
Who told him he had fallen for the Empress?
He simply couldn't bear to move and wake her.
Normally, she probably never slept peacefully.
Now that she had finally rested so comfortably, how could he bring himself to disturb her?
"I really like it here."
Tang Guo gently massaged his arm.
At first, Jing Cheng had been startled by such intimacy.
Now he had gradually grown accustomed to it.
In his mind, this was simply another way the Empress expressed her affection for him.
Why would he reject it?
"Then Your Majesty should come often."
The words slipped out naturally.
Tang Guo burst into laughter.
"Of course I'll come often."
Her eyes curved into crescents.
"I sleep especially well here with you."
The system rolled its eyes.
Lies.
The Host sleeps well everywhere.
I've never once seen her suffer from insomnia.
These sweet words she uses to coax men really come one after another without repetition.
And every single one is aimed directly at this guy.
The following day, both Su Qing and Nan Yunchuan returned to the palace.
Just as before, Nan Yunchuan frequently sought out Tang Guo and did everything possible to display his charms and abilities before her.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸