Chapter 867: The Young Empress (4)

When the view shifted to Tang Nuoyue's residence, Tang Guo froze at what she saw.

Sensing her surprise, the System looked more carefully as well and was equally stunned.

Host, what's going on? This doesn't look good. The System sounded bewildered. According to the original plot, Tang Nuoyue shouldn't be treating Yin Qiu like this at this point in time, should she?

Tang Guo narrowed her eyes as she looked at Yin Qiu kneeling beneath the blazing sun.

His face was pale, and whip marks crisscrossed his body.

One glance was enough to tell that he had been kneeling there for quite some time.

“Show me Tang Nuoyue.”

The System immediately complied and shifted the image to Tang Nuoyue's chambers.

The moment they saw her, both Tang Guo and the System understood.

Especially after hearing Tang Nuoyue muttering resentfully to herself in a low voice.

“Since I, Tang Nuoyue, have been reborn, I won't fall for the schemes of you men again.”

Standing before a mirror, Tang Nuoyue's face was pale, her eyes carrying the loneliness that followed utter despair.

“If you want to overthrow the Western Sacred Kingdom, you'll first have to ask whether I agree. As long as I'm alive in this lifetime, all of you men can kneel beneath women's skirts.”

“It's just... how am I supposed to explain all this to the Empress?”

Tang Nuoyue frowned.

“I used to be a fool. If I suddenly go and tell her everything, she probably won't believe me. She'll likely suspect I have ulterior motives.”

She fell into deep thought.

“It looks like I'll still have to make use of those men if I want to achieve anything. The best outcome would be for the Empress to discover their intentions herself.”

“Maybe I can pretend to cooperate with them and infiltrate their circle. They'll think I'm easy to fool. Then the Empress and I can work together from the inside and outside.”

A vicious gleam flashed through her eyes.

“Let's see if that doesn't kill them.”

Tang Guo burst out laughing.

“Now that's interesting. I think I rather like this Tang Nuoyue.”

She leaned back lazily.

“Honestly, why make it so complicated? If she came and told me directly, I could simply go along with it.”

“Still, given everything she's experienced, it makes sense she'd proceed cautiously. She has already died twice. The second time, she was schemed against and killed by men. She ought to have learned something by now.”

In front of the mirror, Tang Nuoyue began practicing her foolish smile.

The expression was so exaggerated that her face started cramping.

“This time, I absolutely must cling tightly to the Empress's thigh.”

Thinking about the past made her grit her teeth.

“If those men hadn't deceived me in my previous life, how could someone as intelligent and capable as the Empress have lost?”

“Men are all lying scumbags.”

Tang Nuoyue curled her lip.

“I must have been possessed to believe their sweet words.”

“And that Xiao Jin... just wait. This lifetime, I'll make sure he suffers.”

Tang Guo watched while laughing so hard she could barely contain herself.

“Keep monitoring Tang Nuoyue as well. Let's see what she plans to do. In a couple of days, I'll send two people over to help her secretly.”

After finishing her practice session, Tang Nuoyue turned around, grabbed a whip, and skipped happily out of the room.

Watching such an absurdly convincing performance, Tang Guo nearly choked.

“She acts the fool quite well. She has potential.”

Swinging her whip, Tang Nuoyue bounced all the way over to Yin Qiu.

The moment Yin Qiu saw her, his body instinctively trembled.

When he noticed the silly grin spreading across her face, a chill ran down his spine.

“Isn't this fun, Yin Qiu?”

Tang Nuoyue giggled foolishly.

“This Princess has come to play with you. Hahaha! Let's play with whips. Come on, let's play with whips.”

Tang Guo then watched as Yin Qiu's face turned completely lifeless.

His complexion was already pale, and now he looked as though all hope had left him.

He wanted to run.

Unfortunately, the people around Tang Nuoyue had all been assigned by the late Emperor and were fiercely loyal to her.

If their Princess wanted to play, there was no way they would allow a lowly servant to escape.

Two attendants immediately pinned Yin Qiu down.

A flash of excitement passed through Tang Nuoyue's eyes.

She threw her head back and laughed.

Then she raised the whip and brought it down hard across Yin Qiu's body.

“Hahaha! This is fun!”

Crack!

“So much fun!”

Crack!

“Yin Qiu, you're so entertaining!”

Outwardly, she laughed like a fool.

Inwardly, however, she was cursing nonstop.

You damned man.

You damned man.

You dared scheme against me?

Let's see if I don't beat you to death first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father