Chapter 85: Cruel Prince 34

Not long afterward, the Fifth Prince rushed over with an anxious expression.

“Second Imperial Brother! Qingzhu! What exactly is going on with the rumors outside?”

“Wasn’t Qingzhu supposed to go to my residence?”

He had waited the entire night for Tang Qingzhu, yet she never appeared.

Only at dawn did he learn she had gone to the Second Prince’s residence instead.

The moment Tang Qingzhu saw the Fifth Prince, her eyes instantly turned red with tears.

“I’m sorry, Fifth Prince...”

“I... I didn’t have your token, so I came here instead.”

“But it seems I caused all of you terrible trouble...”

“I’ll leave now. Just pretend I was never here!”

After saying that, she turned away tearfully.

Seeing this, the Fifth Prince immediately felt heartbroken.

“Don’t go!”

“Qingzhu, things have already become public now. Even if you leave, it won’t change anything.”

Hearing this, Tang Qingzhu’s body softened and she collapsed directly to the ground.

“Qingzhu!”

The Fifth Prince hurriedly stepped forward and caught her.

Then he anxiously looked toward the Second Prince.

“Second Imperial Brother, what are you still standing there for?! Quickly call a physician for Qingzhu!”

At this moment, the Second Prince practically wanted to strangle Tang Qingzhu to death himself.

How could he possibly still care about finding her a physician?

But seeing the Fifth Prince’s protective expression, he still forcibly suppressed his irritation and ordered someone to summon the residence physician.

...

The physician quickly arrived to examine Tang Qingzhu.

“She merely suffered from exhaustion and caught a chill,” he concluded.

The Fifth Prince immediately became nervous and hurriedly ordered servants to prepare medicine for her.

At that moment—

a severance letter from the Tang family arrived.

The contents were extremely clear:

From this day onward, Tang Qingzhu no longer belonged to the Tang family.

Her future actions and fate would have absolutely nothing to do with the Tang family anymore.

...

Regardless of Tang Qingzhu’s condition, the Second Prince’s first instinct was still to throw her out immediately before secretly arranging for someone to eliminate her permanently.

However—

at that exact moment, Tang Qingzhu suddenly woke up.

The moment she opened her eyes, she immediately knelt before the Second Prince and cried out loudly:

“This subject greets Your Majesty!”

The instant those words fell, both the Second Prince and Fifth Prince broke into cold sweats.

“Tang Qingzhu!” the Second Prince shouted sharply.

“What nonsense are you saying?! Are you trying to get me killed?!”

“This subject wouldn’t dare! Please forgive me, Your Majesty!” Tang Qingzhu continued.

Seeing that she still insisted on calling him “Your Majesty,” the Fifth Prince hurriedly stepped forward and covered her mouth.

“Qingzhu, are you delirious?”

“How could you say something like that?!”

At this moment, Tang Qingzhu looked at the Fifth Prince blankly.

“Your Highness?”

Hearing this, even the Fifth Prince became stunned.

Then he quickly reached out to feel her forehead.

She didn’t seem feverish...

At that moment, however, the Second Prince suddenly narrowed his eyes dangerously while staring at Tang Qingzhu.

“Why did you call me ‘Your Majesty’?”

Tang Qingzhu immediately looked confused.

“But... you are the Emperor?”

Then, as if suddenly regaining awareness, her face instantly turned pale.

After that, she hurriedly knelt down again.

“Second Prince, please forgive me!”

“Qingzhu... Qingzhu just had a dream while unconscious.”

“I was still confused when I woke up, so I accidentally addressed you incorrectly!”

Of course—

she had done it deliberately.

Now that matters had already reached this point, if she failed to prove her own value and secure a place beside the Second Prince, her fate afterward would definitely not end well.

And her greatest advantage naturally lay in the fact that she had been reborn and knew the future.

However, she couldn’t directly tell the Second Prince she was reborn.

Therefore, the only way to reveal future events while avoiding suspicion was through the excuse of “dreams.”

Only then could she gradually gain the Second Prince’s trust and remain by his side.

...

Seeing Tang Qingzhu’s frightened expression, the Second Prince slowly asked:

“Oh?”

“And what exactly did you dream about?”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1