Chapter 84: Cruel Prince 33
Naturally, entering the Second Prince’s residence was not an easy matter.
However, Tang Qingzhu possessed a personal token belonging to the Second Prince himself.
After seeing it, how could the guards possibly dare stop her?
Thus, Tang Qingzhu smoothly entered the Second Prince’s residence.
Still, she did not dare make her presence public.
She wasn’t stupid.
The Second Prince had clearly arranged for her to go to the Fifth Prince’s residence instead. If he discovered she had come here instead, he would definitely throw her out immediately while it was still dark.
Therefore, Tang Qingzhu quietly hid inside the firewood room of the Second Prince’s residence for the entire night.
...
Meanwhile, Feng Qitong had already received news that Tang Qingzhu entered the Second Prince’s residence.
A cold smile appeared at the corner of his lips.
Then Feng Qitong lowered his voice and instructed the hidden guard beside him:
“I understand.”
“But by tomorrow morning, I want everyone in the capital to know Tang Qingzhu spent the night at the Second Prince’s residence.”
“Yes, Your Highness!”
After the hidden guard left, Feng Qitong lowered his head and gently kissed Tang Wan’s lips.
Yet inwardly, he sneered coldly.
Even if Tang Qingzhu had truly gone to the Fifth Prince’s residence tonight, he would still have knocked her unconscious and personally delivered her to the Second Prince’s residence instead.
Did the Second Prince truly think Feng Qitong knew nothing?
If Feng Qitong were truly just some mindless lunatic, then even with the Emperor protecting him, he would never have remained Crown Prince until now.
Unfortunately—
the Second Prince failed to understand this completely.
In his eyes, Feng Qitong was merely a violent madman relying solely on imperial favor.
...
The next morning—
the Second Prince had only just awakened when he heard a clear female voice outside his room.
“Second Prince, you must save Qingzhu!”
The moment he recognized Tang Qingzhu’s voice, the Second Prince’s body stiffened instantly.
Then he strode toward the door with an ugly expression.
After opening it and seeing Tang Qingzhu’s miserable appearance from freezing all night, the Second Prince’s heart sank completely.
“Tang Qingzhu,” he said coldly, “why are you in my residence?”
“Didn’t I tell you to go—”
The Second Prince abruptly stopped himself before finishing the sentence.
Tang Qingzhu immediately lowered her head guiltily before speaking pitifully:
“Second Prince... I was too frightened.”
“And it was already dark last night...”
“Besides, I only had the jade token you gave me. I didn’t have anything from the Fifth Prince.”
“So... I could only come to your residence.”
“I’m sorry... did I cause trouble for you?”
Hearing this, the Second Prince nearly wanted to strangle her on the spot.
Cause trouble?
This was far beyond “trouble.”
But now was not the time to explode in anger.
Taking a deep breath, the Second Prince forced himself to calm down.
“Did anyone see you when you came?”
Tang Qingzhu quickly shook her head.
“That’s good,” the Second Prince said immediately.
“I’ll send you away right now.”
This disaster absolutely had to disappear before the matter spread further.
...
Tang Qingzhu froze after hearing his words.
Then she desperately shook her head.
“No!”
“Second Prince, I don’t want to leave!”
“Please let me stay!”
“Even if I can only become your concubine, I’m willing!”
“Shut up!” the Second Prince snapped sharply.
Did this woman even realize what she was saying?
If those words spread outside, the flawless reputation he had painstakingly built over the years would be completely ruined.
Unfortunately—
before he could send Tang Qingzhu away, the steward hurried over anxiously.
“Second Prince! Something terrible has happened!”
“There are already rumors outside saying the Tang family’s concubine-born daughter secretly came to your residence to offer herself!”
“They’re saying the two of you have been involved privately for a long time!”
“What?!”
The Second Prince’s expression turned completely icy.
Then his cold gaze shot directly toward Tang Qingzhu.
It was all because of this brainless woman!
Seeing the murderous look in his eyes, Tang Qingzhu subconsciously shrank backward in fear.
Yet inwardly—
she was secretly delighted.
Now that the rumors had already spread throughout the capital, the Second Prince could no longer simply throw her away.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸