Chapter 834: The Disabled Young Master 47

 Chu Pan'er was frightened by the look in He Jiantong's eyes.

But thinking about her current situation, she still mustered up the courage to continue. “He Jiantong, I'm the one you should have married…”

“I'm the one who should have married you? Then, Miss Chu, may I ask why, when I went to the Chu family to propose marriage back then, you had Tang Wan marry in your place? Now that you've been driven out by the Dongbo Marquis's Residence, you suddenly remember me? Who do you think you are? Do you really think you're worthy of marrying into my family? If it weren't for Master Chu giving the Chu family's assets to Wanwan, I'd even have grounds to accuse you of deceiving me into marriage and then marrying someone else!” He Jiantong said in a deep voice.

“I… But, but I regret it now!” Chu Pan'er cried.

“What does your regret have to do with me? Did I force you to secretly become involved with Li Shuai? Or did I force you to have Tang Wan marry in your place?” He Jiantong looked at her coldly.

Tang Wan, meanwhile, looked at Chu Pan'er with a trace of sympathy.

No wonder the ending of this world's original plot only went as far as the two of them getting married.

Now that she thought about it, Chu Pan'er hadn't exactly lived a good life in the original plot either.

People's hearts were easily changed. Li Shuai's status had changed, and so had the things he came into contact with. Naturally, it had been easy for him to lose sight of the person he once was.

Chu Pan'er was the same.

They had both changed, so naturally their life together had become a complete mess.

……

Although Chu Pan'er was pitiful, as a woman herself, Tang Wan couldn't bear to watch her remain homeless and without anywhere to go.

Thus, she said to Chu Pan'er, “If you hadn't asked me to marry in your place back then, I wouldn't have met such a wonderful husband as Tongtong. For the sake of that, I'll have someone escort you home, and all of the Chu family's assets will be returned to you as well. From now on, take care of yourself.”

Hearing this, Chu Pan'er couldn't help widening her eyes slightly.

“You're willing to return the Chu family's assets to me?”

“Do you think I still need those few things belonging to the Chu family?” Tang Wan said indifferently.

Chu Pan'er lowered her head speechlessly.

He Jiantong could casually produce one million taels of silver. How could he possibly care about the Chu family's assets?

……

Afterward, Tang Wan sent someone to escort Chu Pan'er home.

Seeing this, He Jiantong tightened his grip on her hand.

“You really are too kind-hearted.”

Tang Wan shook her head.

“I'm not being kind-hearted. I just don't think there's any need to kick someone when they're down at a time like this.”

Why should women make things difficult for other women?

Besides, Chu Pan'er wasn't some irredeemably evil person.

……

Less than half a year after Chu Pan'er was divorced, the Dongbo Marquis's Residence found a noble legitimate daughter for Li Shuai to marry.

The woman was gentle and soft-spoken in appearance, but her methods were far more formidable than Chu Pan'er's. As soon as she married into the Marquis's Residence, she quickly brought the few concubines who had been making trouble completely under control.

Li Shuai was also quite satisfied.

But it wasn't long before he became dissatisfied.

Because the woman came from a scholarly family, she couldn't stand Li Shuai's behavior of doing nothing at home except eating, drinking, and enjoying himself. Thus, after getting the Marquis's rear household firmly under control, she began urging Li Shuai to study and pursue an official degree.

How could Li Shuai stand that?

But the Dongbo Marquis felt the same way and wholeheartedly supported his new wife's approach.

With no choice, Li Shuai could only spend his days苦 studying in the study.

But by now, he had long since grown accustomed to the Marquis's Residence's extravagant lifestyle. Having lost all ambition, how could he possibly concentrate on his studies?

And so he simply muddled through his days. Even as he watched his own son learn more characters than he did, he still failed to obtain any academic distinction as his new wife wished.

Seeing that he had no ambition, his new wife also began secretly regretting her choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1