Chapter 829: The Disabled Young Master 42

“Pfft!” He Chong almost choked on his own saliva.

“Mother, what nonsense are you talking about? You shouldn't covet your friend's wife. How can you encourage me to steal Seventh Brother's wife? That's not right.” He Chong waved his hands repeatedly.

Although he had always had a heart big enough to love everyone, flirting with eighty-year-old women and teasing seven- or eight-year-old girls alike, that didn't mean he would do something without any moral boundaries.

That was Seventh Brother's wife!

Mother really was something. He had no idea how she had suddenly come up with such an idea!

Seventh Brother didn't have any children. Couldn't they simply have one adopted into his branch from the clan in the future?

……

Seeing that He Chong refused, Fourth Madam sneered repeatedly.

“How am I talking nonsense? Anyway, even if he married a wife, she'd only be a decoration. He can look but can't use her. As time goes on, even if it isn't you, that Tang Wan will probably take the initiative to seduce another man. What if she ends up cuckolding your Seventh Brother with one of the servants in the residence? Wouldn't that make him even more humiliated? If you get Tang Wan pregnant, at least the child in her belly would still be a member of our He family!”

“No! Mother, stop talking. Seventh Brother actually still has some affection for me. If I really did something like that, how would I be any different from a beast? I have something to do, so I'll leave first!” He Chong said.

With that, afraid that Fourth Madam might say something even more shocking and outrageous, he hurriedly slipped away.

However, he didn't simply forget about what Fourth Madam had said.

Instead, after thinking it over again and again, he felt that it would be better to tell He Jiantong about it.

At the very least, he had to warn him to keep an eye on Tang Wan, lest she cuckold him.

As his brother, this was all he could do to help.

Whether He Jiantong could keep his wife faithful was up to him.

……

Thus, He Chong soon went to find He Jiantong.

Then, with a somewhat awkward expression, he said, “Seventh Brother, don't worry. I'm not here to borrow money from you. There's just something I wanted to warn you about.”

“Oh? What is it? Sixth Brother, just tell me,” He Jiantong said immediately upon noticing his strange expression.

Hearing this, He Chong cleared his throat before saying, “I heard that your health isn't very good? It's been almost a year since Seventh Sister-in-law married into the family. A woman… if her needs in that regard aren't satisfied, it can cause trouble. You're usually busy, so when it comes to the inner household… you should keep a closer eye on things! If something happens, it'll still be your own reputation that'll suffer.”

He Jiantong's expression darkened upon hearing this.

Was he implying that Wanwan would fool around with other men?

Hmph!

Did he think Wanwan was like him?

Besides, who said he was incapable?

……

“I wonder where Sixth Brother heard such rumors? My legs are crippled, not that part of me!” He Jiantong said coldly.

He Chong's expression froze at those words. He hurriedly explained, “It isn't exactly a rumor. It's just… I suddenly thought of this matter and came to warn you. We're brothers, after all. I was just worried that you might have trouble in your backyard. Since there's nothing wrong with you, that's even better!”

He Jiantong narrowed his eyes slightly.

The next moment, he nodded at He Chong.

“I understand. Thank you for the reminder, Sixth Brother.”

“You're welcome, you're welcome. As the saying goes, you're better off guarding against someone coveting what you have than waiting until they steal it. Of course, I believe Seventh Sister-in-law wouldn't do anything to wrong you, but what if someone else has their eye on her? There's no harm in keeping an eye on things,” He Chong said.

With that, he raised a hand toward He Jiantong.

“I've said everything I needed to say, so I'll leave first! Get some rest.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1