Chapter 817: The Disabled Young Master 30

“Dear nephew, there’s something I’ve thought over and over about, and I feel that I should tell you…” Master Chu said guiltily.

Hearing this, He Jiantong merely furrowed his brows slightly, deliberately putting on a puzzled expression. “Father-in-law, what’s wrong? If there’s something you want to say, just say it.”

Master Chu took a deep breath, then summoned his courage and said, “It’s like this. The one who married the Little Marquis of Dongbo today… is Pan'er. The Pan'er who married you back then… was, was Pan'er's maid. Her name is Tang Wan.”

“What did you say?!” He Jiantong’s expression immediately turned gloomy.

Seeing this, Master Chu's heart gave a jolt, and he hurriedly said, “I know what I did was dishonorable, but I had no choice! Pan'er and that Li… that Little Marquis had already pledged themselves to each other. There was no way I could stop her. Now that the two of them are already married, if this matter becomes public, I'm afraid it will have a bad impact. But don't worry, I will definitely compensate you properly! I'm willing to give you half of the Chu family's assets. As for Pan'er's matter, please don't make it public, all right?”

Things were different now.

Pan'er had already risen in status and become a noblewoman—the young madam of the Marquis of Dongbo's residence.

Her reputation absolutely could not be damaged.

Otherwise, who knew how people would ridicule her and mock the marquis's residence!

If that happened, her life in the Marquis of Dongbo's residence would probably become difficult in the future as well.

……

Hearing Master Chu's words, He Jiantong let out a cold laugh.

“Does Master Chu think I'm someone who lacks money? With such a large He family, do I really need half of the Chu family's assets?” He Jiantong sneered.

“Then what do you want? As long as you help me keep this secret, I'll agree to anything you want!” Master Chu immediately said.

Hearing this, He Jiantong narrowed his eyes and put on a cold and heartless expression. “Since Master Chu truly has sincerity, I won't make things difficult for you. I want you to give all of the Chu family's assets to my wife. That Chu Pan'er in the Marquis of Dongbo's residence cannot take anything! The person I married, as clearly stated in black and white, was Chu Pan'er of the Chu family. As for whom the Marquis of Dongbo's residence married, that has nothing to do with me!”

“This…” Master Chu's expression changed drastically.

This was practically demanding his life!

Just a moment ago, He Jiantong had said that he didn't need half of the Chu family's assets, and now he was simply asking for all of them.

He really had the nerve to make such an outrageous demand!

No wonder everyone else in the He family said that he was ruthless and heartless, willing to turn against even his own relatives.

Seeing him today, it was indeed true!

……

But no matter how reluctant he was, Master Chu did not dare refuse.

After gritting his teeth and struggling for a long time, he finally nodded. “I understand! I'll give all of the family assets to Tang Wan!”

For Pan'er's happiness, this was the only thing he could do.

Otherwise, if He Jiantong exposed the fact that Pan'er had once been engaged to him, there would be no way to clean up the mess.

Hearing Master Chu's words, He Jiantong snorted coldly. “Then let's put it in writing.”

With that, he had someone bring over writing materials and drafted the agreement.

Seeing this, Master Chu endured his frustration and unwillingly signed his name and pressed his fingerprint onto it.

After putting away the written agreement, He Jiantong finally said coldly, “Now that the agreement has been made, I hope Master Chu will send over the land deeds and the rest of the assets as soon as possible. If I don't receive them by the deadline, don't blame me for going to the Marquis of Dongbo's residence myself!”

“I understand. Don't worry, I'll make sure the assets are delivered on time.” Master Chu felt as though his heart were bleeding.

But having Tang Wan marry in Pan'er's place had been his own choice.

Now that it had brought such bitter consequences, he could only swallow them himself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father