Chapter 809: The Disabled Young Master 22

The next day, as soon as Chu Pan'er got up, she impatiently went to look for Master Chu.

“Father, I had a nightmare yesterday. I dreamed that He Jiantong discovered that Tang Wan had been sent to marry him in someone else’s place and came back to settle the score with us!” Chu Pan'er said with a worried expression.

Hearing this, Master Chu also felt somewhat guilty.

After all, he had indeed acted rather dishonorably in this matter.

But seeing Chu Pan'er’s frightened appearance, he still comforted her, “Pan'er, don’t be afraid. By now, he should have already completed the wedding ceremony with Tang Wan. Since that’s the case, this marriage can be considered settled.”

“But what if he doesn’t want Tang Wan and insists on coming back to take my daughter as his wife again?! Father, after thinking it over and over, I still feel that the only way is for me to hurry up and get married too. That way, even if He Jiantong discovers that something is wrong and comes back, as long as I’m already another man’s wife, he definitely won’t think about marrying me anymore!” Chu Pan'er said.

After hearing this, Master Chu could not help but nod in agreement.

“That’s true. But as for your marriage, Father is still looking at potential matches. How could I possibly marry you off immediately?” Master Chu shook his head.

At this, Chu Pan'er immediately revealed the purpose behind her words. “Father, why go to so much trouble? Why not just hold a marriage by throwing an embroidered ball?”

“How could that work?” Master Chu immediately rejected the idea.

After all, with an embroidered-ball marriage, whoever managed to catch the ball would be the one she had to marry. What if some beggar happened to catch it?

……

Seeing that Master Chu disagreed, Chu Pan'er was not discouraged. Instead, she continued, “I know what Father is worried about. But Mother passed away early, and you only have Pan'er as your daughter. How could I bear to marry elsewhere and leave Father alone at home, living a lonely life? So… so I want to take an in-house husband.”

Since she would be taking an in-house husband, there would be no problem with choosing one by throwing an embroidered ball.

Hearing Chu Pan'er’s words, Master Chu’s eyes immediately reddened. “You’ve grown up and become so sensible!”

He had never expected that his daughter would actually have such thoughts.

All the love he had given her since she was little had not been in vain!

[iframe]

His daughter truly was his caring little cotton-padded jacket. For the sake of her old father, she was even willing to put aside her own marriage.

However, he could not think that way.

This concerned her happiness for the rest of her life.

Thus, he firmly shook his head and refused, despite being deeply moved. “Father is very happy that you’re willing to consider things for my sake, but this concerns your happiness for the rest of your life. How could I, for my own sake, let you marry some man whose character and circumstances are completely unknown?”

“Father!” Chu Pan'er became anxious.

If they did not choose a husband by throwing an embroidered ball, how would Menglang have any chance of marrying her?

……

Seeing that Chu Pan'er was about to persuade him again, Master Chu simply waved his hand. “There’s no need to mention this again. I will not agree.”

Seeing this, Chu Pan'er had no choice but to give up.

That evening, when she told Li Shuai about it, he immediately said, “Pan'er, don’t worry. Leave this matter to me.”

“Menglang, you have a way to make Father agree?” Chu Pan'er hurriedly asked.

“Mm. Don’t worry.” Li Shuai nodded.

Thus, the next day, Master Chu heard some servants privately discussing how the daughter of some Imperial Censor’s family had married into her husband’s family, only to suffer all kinds of bullying. To make matters worse, the wealth she had worked hard to accumulate her entire life had been seized by her husband’s family because she had no descendants to inherit it.

Then they said that if she had known this would happen, she might as well have found an in-house husband to marry into her family.

Finally, they brought up Chu Pan'er as well, wondering what kind of husband she would find and whether she might end up in the same situation as that Imperial Censor’s daughter.

After hearing this, Master Chu broke out in a cold sweat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father