Chapter 803: The Disabled Young Master 15
Seeing that Tang Wan didn't seem to care, He Jiantong was touched, but at the same time, he was somewhat unhappy.
Because he was worried that since Tang Wan was a substitute bride, she had no expectations for the wedding at all, and therefore didn't care what their wedding was like.
After all, which woman wouldn't want to have a grand and glorious wedding?
For a moment, He Jiantong couldn't help but furrow his brows slightly.
If that was the case, could it be that she actually didn't care about him much either?
Otherwise, why would she have such an indifferent attitude toward their wedding?
……
After a moment.
"Pan'er, are you… not concerned about our wedding?" He Jiantong couldn't help asking as he looked at her.
Hearing this, Tang Wan looked up in surprise. "Jiantong, how could you think that?"
"I'm not inviting anyone, and you don't feel that a wedding like this is too quiet and dull? You don't think that means I don't value this marriage?" He Jiantong asked.
Hearing this, Tang Wan put down the chicken bone in her hand and said seriously, "Jiantong, you're overthinking it. I'm going to have my head covered with a veil the entire time anyway, and I don't have to receive guests. Whether you invite no one or a whole crowd makes no difference to me, does it? I can't see any of the excitement anyway."
He Jiantong: …
You make an awfully good point!
Tang Wan continued, "Besides, whether you value this marriage has nothing to do with how many people you invite to the wedding. I have eyes of my own. I can see your attitude."
……
Hearing Tang Wan's words, He Jiantong's lips moved slightly. Only after a moment did he stare at her and ask, "Then do you think I value this marriage?"
Tang Wan immediately sat up straight and nodded. "Of course! I like Jiantong so much. You definitely wouldn't disappoint me, right?"
Tang Wan's straightforwardness once again made He Jiantong's ears turn red.
But the corners of his lips rose uncontrollably, and his heart felt as though it were bubbling with happiness.
"Mm, you're right. Although I can't give you a grand wedding, as long as you behave yourself, I promise I'll treat you well," He Jiantong said.
"That's good! Come on, eat some more! We've been traveling for more than ten days, and you've lost weight!" Tang Wan said as she placed more food into his bowl.
Seeing this, He Jiantong hummed in response. His heart felt as sweet as if he had drunk honey as he picked up his chopsticks and continued eating.
……
After dinner, He Jiantong left.
Although they weren't inviting any guests, it was still a wedding, and he had many things to take care of.
The following evening.
Before the sky had even grown dark, Tang Wan was helped into the main hall of the He family's third branch.
Then, following the proper steps, she and He Jiantong worshiped Heaven and Earth.
After completing the ceremony, He Jiantong tightened his grip on Tang Wan's hand and said, "I'll carry you to the bridal chamber."
Tang Wan: ???
"But your legs…" Tang Wan couldn't help saying.
"It's fine. I'll hold you while I'm in the wheelchair and take you over," He Jiantong said.
Hearing this, Tang Wan still nodded. "All right, then I'll trouble you, husband."
He Jiantong froze for a moment, and then his mood suddenly soared.
"It's only right."
Yes. No matter what her identity actually was, they were already married now. She was his wife!
……
Afterward, He Jiantong pulled Tang Wan's body onto his numb legs, while his trusted subordinate behind him slowly pushed the wheelchair forward.
Tang Wan: …
This is carrying me to the bridal chamber?
He's obviously just pushing me there!
But for Jiantong's pride, it was probably better that she didn't make fun of him.
Once they reached the bridal chamber, his trusted subordinate tactfully withdrew.
He Jiantong then picked up the ceremonial weighing rod and used it to lift Tang Wan's bridal veil.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ