Chapter 806: The Disabled Young Master 19
Hearing this, He Jiantong immediately said coldly, “Fourth Aunt, you’re worrying too much. As the saying goes, a husband and wife should stand together. I don’t have much to do with any of our relatives, so naturally my wife doesn’t need to associate with you either! Besides, you can’t even sort out the affairs of your own household, yet you want to meddle in mine? Worry about your own branch of the family first. Save yourself the trouble!”
His utterly merciless words immediately made the Fourth Branch Madam’s face turn pale, then green.
After a moment, she finally said through clenched teeth, “Fine, fine, fine! He Jiantong, those are your words! I came here out of kindness to advise you, yet you humiliate me like this and show no respect for your elders! I’d like to see how far a cripple like you can get without the support of your relatives!”
With that, she turned around and prepared to leave.
But just then, Tang Wan suddenly spoke.
“Stop!”
……
The Fourth Branch Madam hadn't expected Tang Wan to tell her to stop.
She had assumed Tang Wan was going to step in and smooth things over.
But when she turned around, she saw Tang Wan looking at her coldly.
“Fourth Aunt, I don't know whether you ever supported Jiantong in the past, but remember this: starting yesterday, he is no longer alone. Even if he can't walk, as his wife, I will always be by his side and support him. Without the support of relatives like you, I can still take good care of him. His future is none of your concern!”
She was absolutely furious inside.
Damn it!
This old woman had just insulted Jiantong right after they got married. If Tang Wan didn't put her in her place, would this woman really think the new daughter-in-law was someone she could bully?
Hearing Tang Wan's words, the Fourth Branch Madam became even angrier.
In the end, she could only leave them with a cold scoff.
“Hmph! Birds of a feather really do flock together! I’d like to see how long you can stay with a cripple!”
Never mind anything else—even the fact that He Jiantong couldn't satisfy her in bed would probably eventually make her sick of him.
Who knew? Perhaps she'd even end up putting a green hat on He Jiantong.
They could wait and see.
……
After the Fourth Branch Madam left angrily, Tang Wan finally lowered her head and looked at He Jiantong's smiling eyes.
“Jiantong, how can you still smile? What kind of relatives do you have? Their faces are absolutely disgusting!”
Hearing this, He Jiantong reached out and pulled her onto his lap.
“I've gotten used to it. Ever since my parents passed away, they come over every few days pretending to have my best interests at heart while trying to take advantage of me and seize my family's property. When I refuse, they put on the airs of elders and even try to get the clan involved. If I hadn't dealt harshly with a few of the ones who cursed me the most viciously, who knows how long they would have kept causing trouble.”
After saying that, he continued, “From now on, whenever you encounter them, be just like you were today. Don't be afraid. Shameless elders like that aren't worthy of your respect. And if anything really happens, don't worry. You have me.”
Although his legs were disabled, that didn't mean he was someone who could be bullied.
If he hadn't been ruthless enough, his branch of the family would have been completely devoured by those wolves long ago.
“Okay, don't worry. I definitely won't let them bully me. And from now on, you have me, so you're not alone anymore. We have a family now, too. If any of the female elders give you a hard time, just tell me, and I'll go argue with them for you!”
Hearing the word “family,” a deeply moved expression instantly appeared on He Jiantong's face.
Then he suddenly tightened his arms around Tang Wan, burying his head against the curve of her shoulder in silence.
She was right.
He had a family again.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸