Chapter 779: Scandal Queen vs. The White Lotus Actor 50

Hearing the director's words, the chief planner immediately said, "How is there no exciting footage? Isn't watching Movie Emperor Shang show affection to his wife exciting enough? Just look at this guy. Any task he can have his wife do, he takes care of himself. I think the traffic actress over here is practically dying of jealousy!"

He then added, "If you want to watch someone act foolish, can't you just watch the other group?"

Hearing this, the director rolled his eyes at him. "I'm only worried that the guests will perform too well and make the audience think we've given Shang Baitong special treatment!"

But the stark contrast between Shang Baitong's effortless ease and Wan Jie's frantic struggle was already more than enough. And then there were the complicated grievances between those three people…

Tsk. Once the show aired, he could practically predict how heated the discussions among netizens would be.

"Don't worry. Shang Baitong's fans know him inside out!" the chief planner said with a beaming smile.

……

By the time everyone had gathered the firewood and finished all the tasks Shang Baitong had assigned, the sky had already grown dark.

At this moment, Shang Baitong gently said to everyone, "Thanks for your hard work! Let's eat first!"

Hearing this, everyone nodded.

Once they sat down and began eating, the traffic actress's gaze fell on Tang Wan and Shang Baitong.

"Movie Emperor Shang treats his wife so well. You did all her work for her. But aren't you tired doing the work of two people by yourself? Just watching makes me feel sorry for you."

Tang Wan inwardly scoffed.

Trying to drive a wedge between us?

However, she didn't say anything. She simply looked at Shang Baitong with an extremely affected expression.

The next moment, Shang Baitong immediately tore the bread in his hand into small pieces and fed them to her.

Then he brought the opened bottle of mineral water to Tang Wan's lips.

"Drink some water quickly, so you don't choke."

Only after Tang Wan finished drinking did Shang Baitong casually say to the traffic actress, "What's so tiring about a grown man doing some work for his wife?"

Heh!

Who the hell needs you to feel sorry for me?

I enjoy doing things for my wife!

……

Hearing Shang Baitong's words, the traffic actress was left speechless. Another male guest then laughed and said, "Brother Shang really is a good man! When I get a wife in the future, I'll definitely learn from you."

Shang Baitong glanced at him before smiling faintly.

"Of course. Isn't the whole point of marrying a wife to spoil her? Once you have a wife yourself, you'll know just how happy it is to pamper your wife."

Everyone: ……

Our teeth hurt from all this sweetness!

Who would have thought you were this kind of Movie Emperor Shang?

……

Since there were only two tents, after dinner, Tang Wan went into one of them with the two female guests.

Shang Baitong, meanwhile, went into the other tent with the male guests.

Before they parted, Shang Baitong reluctantly held Tang Wan's hand and refused to let go.

"If I'd known I couldn't hold you while sleeping tonight, I wouldn't have come on this show."

Hearing this, Tang Wan hurriedly glared at him.

"Watch your image. What happened to the aloof male god?"

"Aloof my ass! What's the point of life if I can't hold my wife while I sleep?" Shang Baitong scoffed.

Hearing this, the director, who had been dozing off, immediately jolted awake and sprang up from the table.

"Quick! We absolutely have to keep this part! The refined Movie Emperor Shang swearing on camera, transforming into a giant baby clinging to his wife! We've got our first big selling point!"

Everyone else who had been dozing off was instantly jolted awake by the director's shout.

They hurriedly opened their eyes and stared at the screen.

……

In the end, Tang Wan and Shang Baitong lingered outside for nearly half an hour. It wasn't until the mosquitoes began multiplying that Shang Baitong, afraid she would get bitten, reluctantly sent her back to the tent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1