Chapter 799: The Disabled Young Master 11

Tang Wan had no idea that she had already aroused suspicion.

At this moment, having gone several days without sleeping well, she was already lying in bed and had fallen into a deep sleep. She didn't even know when the ship had set sail.

When she woke up, she only felt the ship gently swaying, making her somewhat dizzy.

However, after adjusting for a while, she felt much better.

At this time, she moved her sore body and walked out of the private room.

As soon as she stepped outside, she saw He Jiantong sitting in the cabin with an indifferent expression as he looked through some documents.

……

"Jiantong, you didn't sleep?" Tang Wan walked over with a beaming smile.

Seeing her smiling face, He Jiantong closed the account book in his hands and smiled at her. "I've already rested. How did you sleep? Are you feeling seasick?"

Hearing this, Tang Wan immediately shook her head. "I'm fine. I just felt a little dizzy when I woke up, but I'm much better now."

As she spoke, she had already walked over and sat down beside He Jiantong.

He Jiantong nodded, then picked up the teapot and poured her a cup of tea.

When Tang Wan reached out to pick up the teacup, he remained outwardly calm while secretly observing every one of her movements.

Very soon, He Jiantong discovered that every gesture she made carried a natural elegance and poise, no different from the refined young ladies of the capital's prominent families.

But her hands clearly had a thin layer of calluses, obviously from doing rough work.

Besides, if she truly came from an extraordinary background, why would she agree to marry him in Chu Pan'er's place?

……

There were countless questions in He Jiantong's heart, but until he figured out Tang Wan's identity, he didn't dare ask her anything.

Thus, he could only temporarily suppress his doubts and continue interacting with her as though he knew nothing.

After setting down her teacup, Tang Wan looked at He Jiantong. "Jiantong, how many days will we be traveling by water?"

Hearing this, He Jiantong quickly replied, "About four days."

"Oh, that's pretty fast." Tang Wan nodded.

Traveling on a ship like this was truly unpleasant. If her mental strength hadn't already become much stronger after going through several worlds, she didn't know how uncomfortable she would be right now.

……

At this moment, He Jiantong's eyes suddenly narrowed.

The next instant, he deliberately reached for the account book that was far away from him.

Given his current physical condition, he would have to lean forward to reach the account book. But with both his legs broken, supporting his body naturally became very difficult.

Seeing this, Tang Wan hurriedly said, "Jiantong, what are you trying to get? I'll help you."

"Thank you. I want to look at that account book. I suddenly remembered that there's something wrong with one of the entries," He Jiantong said.

Hearing this, Tang Wan immediately stood up, picked up the account book he had indicated, and handed it to him with both hands.

However, after He Jiantong took the account book, he didn't immediately open it. Instead, he looked at Tang Wan with an expression of insecurity and sensitivity.

"Pan'er… I want to ask you something. Are you truly willing to marry me? My legs are completely crippled now. In the future, I won't even be able to carry you. Would… would you mind?"

Seeing how troubled and concerned he appeared, Tang Wan hurriedly said, "Of course I'm willing to marry you! Don't worry. No matter what you become, I won't mind."

Tang Wan's expression was completely serious.

Seeing this, He Jiantong couldn't help but clench his hands.

Then he stared intently into her eyes and continued, "Why? You don't despise me for being crippled?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1