Chapter 770: Scandal Queen vs. The White Lotus Actor 41

 Shang Baitong naturally knew that constantly wanting to play around instead of going back to filming wouldn't work.

But he simply wanted to be with her every moment.

……

Seeing Shang Baitong's somewhat gloomy expression, Tang Wan immediately suppressed her laughter and said, “All right, you're my boss now. Can't you just arrange my work however you want? I'm not that career-minded anyway. I'll occasionally take a few scripts that I can act in with you, and for the rest of the time, I'll accompany you while you film. What do you think?”

The Tongtong in this world was an actor who truly loved movies.

And she didn't have nearly as much interest in acting, so whether she filmed or not didn't really matter to her.

As long as she could stay by his side, it made no difference whether she acted or not.

……

Hearing Tang Wan's words, Shang Baitong was visibly moved. “Wanwan… you don't have to do this.”

Shang Baitong felt that Tang Wan was sacrificing too much for him.

After all, for a female actress, her prime years only lasted so long. She was currently at the height of her career. If she gave it all up because of him, that would be far too great a sacrifice.

Seeing his emotional expression, Tang Wan reached out and gently rubbed his face. “What are you thinking about? I was never that interested in acting to begin with. Besides, I don't feel like I've sacrificed anything, so don't burden yourself with it.”

“But you could have continued acting.” Shang Baitong couldn't help saying.

“Compared with you, none of that matters. As long as I can stay by your side at all times, I'll be completely satisfied.” Tang Wan spoke earnestly.

Hearing this, Shang Baitong immediately pulled her tightly into his arms.

“Wanwan… How about I finish this drama and then focus on running my studio?” Shang Baitong suggested.

Hearing this, Tang Wan immediately said, “How could you do that? Your acting is so good, Tongtong. You should act in more movies and let people all over the world see your talent! Acting isn't just your career; it's also what makes you shine. I don't want you to give up something you truly love because of me. Besides, I don't lack money, and I really don't have that much desire to act.”

“I understand.” Hearing this, Shang Baitong held her even tighter.

And so, on the fourth day after their wedding, the two of them went to the Immortal-Demon production crew to film.

……

When he saw the two of them arrive, the director immediately came over with a hearty laugh. “You kid, you're something else! I was even worried that you'd never find a wife, and then in the blink of an eye, you went and snatched the most beautiful woman in the entertainment industry!”

Hearing this, Shang Baitong smiled slightly. “You're too kind, Director. Fate came knocking, and there was no way to stop it!”

As he spoke, he motioned for his assistant to distribute wedding candies to everyone.

After that, Shang Baitong went to get his styling done.

As the Film Emperor and male lead, after the incense-burning ceremony, Shang Baitong would naturally be the first to begin filming scenes with the female lead.

Both of them were skilled actors. After getting through the first take in one go, the morning's filming officially began.

At this time, Tang Wan was in the dressing room getting her styling done.

……

Just then, an assistant deliberately splashed the prop blood water in her hand onto Tang Wan.

In an instant, a patch of blood stained the haute couture dress Tang Wan was wearing.

Seeing this, the young assistant immediately came forward in a panic, pulled out her sleeve, and began wiping at it while repeatedly apologizing. “I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I accidentally tripped! It was all my fault! Let me wash it for you!”

Hearing this, Tang Wan merely lowered her head and looked at the girl's flustered expression with an ambiguous smile.

The next moment, she suddenly turned her head toward another female stagehand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father