Chapter 763: Scandal Queen vs. The White Lotus Actor 34

 “If you like it, then all the effort I put into working out every day wasn't in vain.” Shang Baitong smiled.

Hearing this, Tang Wan giggled, a mischievous light flashing in her eyes.

Seeing this, Shang Baitong felt his lower abdomen tighten.

“Wanwan, don't look at me like that.” Shang Baitong couldn't help saying.

Heaven knew how easily his self-control collapsed every time she looked at him with those slightly mischievous, sparkling eyes.

Hearing Shang Baitong's words, Tang Wan immediately leaned into the crook of his arm, tilted her head up to look at him, and smiled innocently. “How am I looking at you?” As she spoke, she blinked her clear, limpid eyes.

Seeing this, Shang Baitong couldn't help pulling her body upward into his arms.

“Wanwan, you brought this on yourself.” She still had the nerve to ask how she was looking at him?

With her looking so cute and mischievous at the same time, how was he supposed to control himself?

……

In the end, Tang Wan was so exhausted that she had to be carried back to the hotel by Shang Baitong.

All the way there, she regretted deliberately teasing him.

See? In the end, she was the one who suffered!

Wah!

Not long after the two returned to the hotel, Old Wei's call came in.

“Shang Baitong, have you been having so much fun that you've forgotten all about coming home? It's been almost half a month! Are you seriously planning to keep fooling around outside? Aren't you coming back to work?” Old Wei said furiously.

When Shang Baitong had told him that he was going out with Tang Wan for a few days, Old Wei had thought that this guy had always been a workaholic and hadn't taken a proper break in ages. It was good for him to take the opportunity to relax.

But what happened?

Damn it, nearly half a month had passed, and he still hadn't had enough rest!

Every time Old Wei called, it was always, “Wanwan hasn't had enough fun yet!” or “Wanwan still wants to go here and there!”

I bet you're the one who doesn't want to come back to work!

And you're pushing all the blame onto Tang Wan!

Have some shame!

……

Hearing Old Wei's words, Shang Baitong looked at Tang Wan, who was sprawled across the sofa, and immediately said, “Didn't I postpone all the work? Wanwan hasn't had enough fun yet.”

“Bullshit! I think you're the one who hasn't had enough fun, aren't you? If you don't come back, I'm going to… I'm going to die right here!” Old Wei threatened.

“Oh. Then go ahead and die.” Shang Baitong's tone was completely indifferent.

Old Wei immediately felt a surge of rage rise to his throat. “Damn it! Shang Baitong, what did you say?! My life isn't even as important as your vacation! You've disappointed me so much! Do you think all my hard work over the years means nothing? Do you think all the effort I put in—and all the weight I've gained because of you—means nothing? Do you think…”

“Ah, it's time for dinner. I'm hanging up!” Shang Baitong promptly cut off the call, completely capsizing their little boat of friendship.

After hanging up, he walked over to Tang Wan and asked, “Wanwan, what do you want for dinner tonight?”

Hearing this, Tang Wan looked at him resentfully, then gritted her teeth. “Cashews! I need to strengthen my waist!”

Hearing this, Shang Baitong immediately couldn't help laughing.

“I think you should work on your waist strength more often…” Shang Baitong said, apparently not afraid of dying.

Tang Wan: ……

Heh heh!

You know you're making it very easy to lose me, right?!

……

Although Shang Baitong kept saying that he didn't want to go back, he also knew he couldn't leave work unattended for too long. So, after Tang Wan had rested enough, he took her back with him on the third day.

When Old Wei came to pick them up at the airport, he immediately gave Shang Baitong a cold snort. “At least you have a little conscience.”

Hearing this, Shang Baitong replied without the slightest hesitation, “I only came back because Wanwan said you were pitiful and told me to. Otherwise, do you think I wanted to come back now?”

He still hadn't had enough of his time alone with Wanwan!

He didn't want to come back at all, okay?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1