Chapter 759: Scandal Queen vs. The White Lotus Actor 30

Very soon, Tang's father began his questioning with a deliberately stern expression.

“Little Shang, I hear there are quite a lot of temptations in the entertainment industry. What do you think about that?” Tang's father asked.

Hearing this, Shang Baitong immediately straightened up. After giving a slight nod, he said, “Uncle is right. This industry is indeed quite impetuous, and there are many temptations. A lot of people spend all day thinking about taking shortcuts. Naturally, I don't approve of doing things that way. But I can't control what other people do, so I can only guarantee that I won't go along with the crowd like they do.”

Tang's father nodded with some satisfaction. Then he continued asking, “How did you and Wanwan meet? How long have you known each other? This girl is already twenty-eight. Every time we ask her to bring a boyfriend home, she gives us a long face.”

Hearing this, Shang Baitong immediately said, “It was fate, really. Wanwan accidentally bumped into my car once, and after that, we gradually got to know each other. I've been in the entertainment industry for so many years, so I've seen quite a lot and have a fairly accurate eye for people. The moment I saw Wanwan, I knew she was a pure, innocent girl without any scheming or affectation. How many girls as wonderful as Wanwan are there in the entertainment industry nowadays? Of course I had to seize the opportunity. Later, I found out that Wanwan was actually my fan, so naturally, we ended up together.”

No one disliked hearing others praise their own child.

Therefore, the moment Shang Baitong finished speaking, Tang's parents were both smiling and nodding repeatedly.

“That's right. Our Wanwan has been spoiled by us since she was little. She hasn't suffered much hardship, and even after she entered the entertainment industry, we've been protecting her from behind the scenes. Naturally, she's different from other female celebrities. You certainly have good taste—you picked the best one at a glance!” Tang's father said with a hearty laugh.

“Yes. Being able to meet Wanwan is my good fortune.” Shang Baitong spoke calmly.

……

After successfully winning over Tang Wan's parents, Shang Baitong subtly brought up the matter of the two of them getting married.

The moment Tang's mother heard this, she immediately took the bait. She looked at Shang Baitong and asked, “Baitong, when are you planning to get married? You're not young anymore.”

And Wanwan wasn't young either. She was already twenty-eight.

Shang Baitong immediately gave an earnest smile. “I want to get married this year. After all, I've met the right person. But as for the specifics, we still have to follow Wanwan's wishes…”

As soon as she heard this, Tang's mother immediately turned a stern face toward Tang Wan. “What wishes could she possibly have? She should take a look at how old she is this year! When I was her age, she could already walk around on her own!”

Tang Wan was utterly speechless.

Then she secretly shot Shang Baitong a glare.

Heh!

Clearly, you're the one who wants to get married, yet when you come before my mother, you kick the ball straight to me?

Have you no shame?

……

But when faced with her mother's urging to get married, Tang Wan quickly smiled and said, “Mom's right. Then let's get married this year. Anyway, Tongtong also has a house here, so even after we get married, we can come back to visit you whenever we want.”

As soon as she said this, Tang's parents both looked delighted. “Really? Little Shang has a house here?”

Hearing this, Shang Baitong finally spoke gently. “Yes. I didn't expect things to work out so coincidentally either. I suppose this must be fate!”

“Hahahaha! Isn't it?” Tang's mother said happily.

Their daughter wouldn't be marrying too far away, so they could feel reassured too!

After that, the three of them promptly left Tang Wan aside and began discussing the wedding.

Shang Baitong immediately said that he knew famous wedding-dress designers, wedding planners, and the like, and that he could handle everything himself. He guaranteed that he would give Tang Wan her dream wedding.

Naturally, Tang's parents were even more satisfied after hearing that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father