Chapter 751: Scandal Queen vs. The White Lotus Actor 22

 The result was that, completely unexpectedly, she had barely walked a few steps when she saw Shang Baitong standing at the entrance of the villa.

Tang Wan nearly stumbled and fell on the spot.

Fortunately, she managed to grab hold of a large flowerpot beside her in time and avoided disaster.

“Tong, Tongtong… why are you here?” Thinking about what she had just shouted to her mother at the entrance, Tang Wan's face burned with embarrassment.

Shang Baitong, however, looked at her slightly disheveled hair and stared at her with a dark expression. “I think I just heard you say… that you were going to bring someone home to the Tang family to be your son-in-law? If I remember correctly, you're the Tang family's only daughter, aren't you?”

“Yes.” Tang Wan glanced at him guiltily.

Damn it. Getting caught by the person in question while making such a bold declaration was way too embarrassing.

……

Seeing Tang Wan's guilty expression, Shang Baitong felt as though he had fallen into an icy cave, his heart turning cold.

How could she be so forgetful?

She had only just been dumped by a man, yet she was already so eager to find a new love?

What happened to saying that she only liked mature and charming men like him?

Hah. Women!

They really were fickle!

……

Since he was unhappy, Shang Baitong's expression naturally became even worse, and his favorability toward her kept dropping by one point after another…

Seeing this, Tang Wan hurriedly stepped forward. “Tongtong, your complexion doesn't look very good. Did your internal injury flare up?”

Hearing this, Shang Baitong nearly gave himself an actual internal injury from holding it in.

The next moment, he looked at Tang Wan with a cool expression. “You still have the mind to worry about me? You just broke up and you're already preparing to bring a new boyfriend home to meet your parents. Haven't you suffered enough setbacks because of men? Starting a new relationship so hastily—aren't you afraid of getting deceived again?”

Hah!

Women really were hopeless romantics! You couldn't trust a word they said!

Just two days ago, she had said she only wanted to find a man like him. And now?

He was right in front of her, yet she couldn't see him. Instead, she had turned around and fallen for someone else!

……

The moment Tang Wan heard Shang Baitong's words, she immediately felt that something was off.

Even if she was eager to find a new boyfriend, why was he getting angry?

Thinking of how his favorability toward her had reached as high as 75 points, Tang Wan's heart stirred. She blinked and looked at Shang Baitong innocently. “Tongtong, would you deceive me?”

“Of course not.” Shang Baitong answered instinctively.

Only after the words left his mouth did he realize that something was wrong.

At that moment, Tang Wan gave him a huge smile. “I knew Tongtong was the best! Because if I'm going to fall in love again, the only person I want to date is you!”

Shang Baitong was instantly struck by a critical hit.

So the son-in-law he'd heard about just now was actually himself?

For a moment, Shang Baitong couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief. His expression unusually nervous as he looked at Tang Wan, he asked, “You like me?”

Hearing this, Tang Wan immediately nodded. Then, with a hesitant expression, she said, “Yes. But I was afraid that if I pursued you right after breaking up, you'd think I was being too forward… So I wanted to wait a while before confessing to you…”

……

After hearing this, an involuntary smile appeared on Shang Baitong's face.

This was truly the best news he could have received.

The girl he had fallen for at first sight was actually preparing to pursue him!

Could there be any news more exciting than this?

After clearing his throat, Shang Baitong looked at her flushed cheeks and said gently in a low voice, “You can confess to me now. I don't think you're being forward. You're wonderful.”

The girl he liked was naturally wonderful in every way.

It took Tang Wan quite a while to process what he had said.

“You… you mean you agree?” Tang Wan's eyes widened slightly.

Damn!

Although she knew he had feelings for her, wasn't he agreeing way too damn quickly?

Could this be what people meant by love arriving too fast, like a tornado?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father