Chapter 749: Scandal Queen vs. The White Lotus Actor 20

That afternoon, Tang Wan went to the company and submitted her application to terminate her contract.

When Wu Liang heard the news, he immediately rushed over in disbelief. “Tang Wan, have you gone crazy? Why terminate your contract at a time like this?”

Hearing this, Tang Wan took off the sunglasses covering her eyes and lifted her chin slightly, her presence imposing. “I entered the entertainment industry just for fun in the first place. Didn’t you know that?”

Wu Liang was immediately rendered speechless.

Of course he knew.

But he hadn't expected her to terminate her contract at a time like this.

……

“Then what am I supposed to do after you terminate your contract?” Wu Liang couldn't help asking.

He was already getting on in years, and among all the artists he had managed over the years, Tang Wan was by far the most popular.

Now that she was terminating her contract, where was he supposed to find another artist more popular than her?

Hearing Wu Liang's words, Tang Wan let out a cold laugh.

Then she said, “Aren't you on pretty good terms with Wan Jie? He's a first-tier celebrity now, after all. He can't possibly be incapable of arranging a place for his great benefactor, can he?”

Tang Wan's voice was cold.

Wu Liang's heart immediately sank.

“Tang Wan, you…” Are you aware of something?

Before Wu Liang could finish asking, Tang Wan had already put her sunglasses back on. She then leaned close to his ear and asked in a low voice, her tone full of menace, “Wu Liang, don't think I don't know about all those disgusting things you've done! After I terminate my contract, you'd better behave yourself. If any rumors that are detrimental to me appear online… I'll be the first one to kill you!”

With that, she walked away leisurely in her high heels.

After she left, Wu Liang hurriedly raised a hand and wiped the cold sweat from his forehead.

She really knew everything!

No wonder her attitude toward him had been so strange these past two days!

……

When Tang Wan got into the car, Little cutie immediately asked, “Host, are you really just going to let him off?”

“Let him off? What are you thinking?” Tang Wan gave a cold laugh. “I don't dare kill the male and female protagonists, but do you think I don't dare take care of a piece of trash like him?”

How could she possibly let go of the man who had pushed the original host into the abyss?

Looking at Tang Wan's sinister smile, Little cutie couldn't help shrinking into himself, hugging his arms and shivering.

Sure enough, it was better to offend a petty man than a woman!

That scumbag was going to have a miserable time!

……

Tang Wan only realized after getting into the car that Shang Baitong was sitting in the back seat.

Seeing the cold smile on her face, Shang Baitong immediately asked, “What happened? Didn't the discussion go well?”

Hearing this, Tang Wan quickly put on a pleasantly surprised smile. “Tongtong, why did you come to pick me up personally?”

“I had nothing better to do at home. So, how did it go?” Shang Baitong said casually.

He certainly wasn't going to admit that he was worried she might be bullied and that terminating the contract wouldn't go smoothly.

Hearing Shang Baitong's words, the smile on Tang Wan's face grew even wider. “The contract termination went very smoothly. It's just that my manager disgusted me before I left. I only found out that he'd been secretly tipping Wan Jie off all along. This time, too, he colluded with Wan Jie to deliberately set me up in this scandal about me being kept by someone, just to ruin my reputation and make Wan Jie cut ties with me.”

Shang Baitong narrowed his eyes slightly, and his expression darkened as well.

Sure enough, he'd felt that something was wrong when he saw the news back then.

This Wan Jie really was calculating and ruthless.

……

“He doesn't have anything on you, does he? Some sort of dirt?” Shang Baitong asked.

Then he added, “Now that you've terminated your contract with him, he might use whatever dirt he has to attack you. We need to prepare in advance.”

Hearing this, Tang Wan immediately smiled brightly. “No. You know no one in the industry dares to try anything with me, so aside from the matter with Wan Jie, there's really nothing about me that people can use against me.”

Comments

  1. hi! i think chapter 750 is missing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Its been updated... Thank you for letting me know! (Although idk if you'll every see this cri)

      Delete
  2. Ugh... With this guy... when will she slap him???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ŸŒธ

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father