Chapter 748: Scandal Queen vs. The White Lotus Actor 19

Wu Liang immediately tried to defend himself.

"The role in Fairy Demon is only a supporting role. It's really not worth your time. I'm only saying this because I'm thinking about what's best for you."

Tang Wan's expression turned completely cold.

"Are you?"

Her voice cut straight through his excuses.

"Then let me ask you something. Do you really think I don't know that the male lead of Seeking Immortality has already been replaced by Wan Jie?"

The moment those words came out, Wu Liang felt as though he'd fallen into an ice pit.

His mind went blank for a second.

Then panic set in.

"No, that's not—"

He hurriedly denied it. "I didn't know! I really didn't know about the casting change. If I'd known, I wouldn't have recommended the project to you."

His tone was urgent, almost desperate.

But the more he tried to explain, the more obvious his lie became.

Tang Wan didn't bother arguing with him.

She simply let out a short, cold laugh.

Then she hung up.

The call ended decisively.

Tang Wan put down her phone and turned back toward Shang Baitong and Old Wei. There was a faintly embarrassed expression on her face.

"My agent is incompetent."

Shang Baitong shook his head slightly.

"He does seem to have some problems."

He paused before adding calmly, "You should consider changing to someone more reliable."

Tang Wan nodded immediately.

"I was thinking the same thing."

The thought had already taken root in her mind.

In the original timeline, that same agent and company had eventually pushed her into ruin. Remembering how everything had unfolded back then only strengthened her resolve.

She thought for a moment before looking at Shang Baitong.

"Do you have any recommendations for a new agency?"

Shang Baitong's gaze flickered.

A trace of surprise crossed his eyes before disappearing almost immediately.

His fingers tapped lightly against the table as he considered the question.

Then he said, almost as though the idea had just occurred to him, "You could join my studio."

Tang Wan blinked.

"My studio?"

"Mm."

Shang Baitong looked at her calmly. "If you join my studio, I can give you the best resources available."

Tang Wan's eyes brightened instantly.

That was exactly what she had been hoping for.

She nodded without hesitation.

"Then I'll arrange to terminate my current contract as soon as possible."

Shang Baitong's expression remained calm, but a trace of satisfaction appeared in his eyes.

He turned toward Old Wei.

"Handle the contract transfer."

Old Wei immediately nodded.

"And the film agreement?"

"Wait until everything is settled before signing it."

"Understood."

Shang Baitong spoke casually, but there was an unmistakable confidence in his tone, as though he already knew everything would go according to plan.

Tang Wan readily agreed.

"Thank you."

Shang Baitong smiled faintly.

"It's nothing."

He looked at her.

"I just think you're a perfect fit for my studio."

Tang Wan smiled at that.

Old Wei, however, stood to the side and listened to the entire exchange with an increasingly uneasy expression.

Everything had happened far too smoothly.

Tang Wan needed a new agency.

Shang Baitong had one.

He suggested she join.

She agreed.

And somehow, Old Wei had ended up being responsible for handling the entire thing.

He couldn't help feeling that he'd somehow been dragged into the middle of something much more complicated than it appeared.

An absurd thought suddenly crossed his mind.

Was he really about to end up managing not just an artist...

But a pair who were already much closer than either of them was willing to admit?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1