Chapter 741: Scandal Queen vs. The White Lotus Actor 12
“Since you caused my internal injury,” said Shang Baitong with a perfectly serious expression, “you’ll be responsible for taking care of me.”
He paused, then added calmly:
“You can leave when I’ve fully recovered.”
Tang Wan’s heart exploded with joy.
This is basically a VIP fast-track to”attack” (strategy completion)!
Outwardly, she nodded without hesitation.
“Of course!”
Shang Baitong felt a subtle sense of relief.
Hooked.
He maintained a composed expression and gave a slight nod.
“Good.”
Then he took out his phone and opened his QR code.
“Add me on WeChat. It’ll be easier to stay in touch.”
This request?
Exactly what Tang Wan wanted.
She immediately pulled out her phone and scanned it without delay.
Friend added.
At that moment—
Tang Wan didn’t realize something shocking had just happened.
+5 favorability.
And when she checked—
Shang Baitong’s favorability had already reached 60.
Tang Wan: ???
I haven’t even started properly chasing him yet?!
What she didn’t know was—
While she thought she was “strategizing” him, Shang Baitong had already quietly labeled her as his. Everything he’d done so far?
Just a carefully planned… capture operation.
Otherwise, with his notoriously cold personality—
Reaching 60 favorability this quickly would’ve been impossible.
After leaving the hospital, the two returned together.
Since they lived in the same residential complex, it was naturally on the way.
By the time they arrived, both damaged cars had already been towed.
Standing downstairs, Shang Baitong glanced at her.
“Want to come up and recognize the place first?”
Tang Wan agreed instantly.
As if she’d refuse.
Inside his apartment—
She looked around, then suddenly sighed.
“I’ve lived here for so long… how did I never run into you before?”
She looked genuinely regretful.
“If I’d known you lived here, I would’ve waited outside your door every day.”
Shang Baitong let out a soft chuckle.
“Now you know,” he said.
Then his tone lowered slightly.
“So… when are you coming to take care of me?”
“I don’t have a nanny. If something happens…”
“I’ll be here as soon as I get home!” Tang Wan replied immediately.
“If anything feels wrong, call me right away!”
“Alright.”
Shang Baitong nodded.
“Then go back first.”
“Mm! I’ll be back soon!”
Tang Wan left quickly—
She still had to visit her parents.
The moment the door closed—
Shang Baitong picked up his phone.
“Sister Zhou, don’t come over this month,” he said calmly.
“This isn’t a dismissal—your salary will still be paid. I just… have something inconvenient.”
After hanging up, he surveyed his apartment once—
Satisfied there was nothing out of place.
Then he sat down and called his agent.
“Old Wei, cancel my upcoming schedule.”
The agent nearly exploded.
“What?! You have a major event tomorrow!”
Shang Baitong leaned back lazily, a faint smile tugging at his lips.
“No matter how important it is…”
“…is it more important than me getting out of singlehood?”
The agent: ???
Since when did you even START trying to date someone?!
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸