Chapter 737: Scandal Queen vs. The White Lotus Actor 8

This time, Tang Wan’s additional mission was clear—she had to prevent Shang Baitong from falling into depression like in the original plot, and ultimately ending his life in despair.

What she didn’t know was that at this very moment, Shang Baitong was just about to go to bed.

Before sleeping, he casually picked up his tablet again, his gaze landing on the looping clip of Tang Wan winking at the camera and making a heart gesture.

For some reason, he found himself staring longer than he should.

Strange… why didn’t I find her this pleasing before?

Her bright red lips, her soft wavy hair, her sharp yet captivating phoenix eyes—

The more he looked, the more she seemed to perfectly match his aesthetic.

A faint smile tugged at his lips.

Cute… and… interesting.

He placed the tablet aside and closed his eyes, but her image lingered in his mind longer than expected.

The next day.

Worried that her family might panic after seeing the online scandal, Tang Wan decided to head home.

But just as she turned into the entrance of her upscale residential complex—

Bang!

Her car lightly collided with a Cayenne.

Startled, Tang Wan immediately rolled down the window and said, “I’m sorry! That was my fault—I’ll cover all repair costs.”

Inside the Cayenne, just as the driver was about to respond—

Shang Baitong, sitting in the back seat, spoke first.

“I’ll handle this.”

His lips curved ever so slightly.

What a coincidence.

Just last night, he had been thinking about her—

And today, she appeared right in front of him.

The next second, he smoothly switched expressions, pushing the car door open and stepping out—

Looking pale and weak, as if he might collapse at any moment.

Tang Wan froze the moment she saw him.

“…Tong—Tongtong?!”

Her eyes widened.

“Why are you here? Are you okay? Did I hit you?!”

She hurried out of the car, scanning the vehicle instinctively—

There was barely any damage.

Which made his “near-collapse” state… questionable.

But—

Wait… something feels off.

Still, a car accident was practically fate handing her an opportunity.

No way she’d let it go.

Shang Baitong pressed a hand lightly against his chest, coughing softly.

“The car… is nothing,” he said weakly. “But I… seem to have suffered internal injuries…”

He coughed again, looking increasingly fragile.

Tang Wan: …

What kind of acting level is this?!

But outwardly, she immediately stepped forward, lightly supporting his arm.

“I’m so sorry! My driving skills aren’t great… how are you feeling? I’ll take you to the hospital right now!”

The moment her cool fingers brushed against his arm—

Shang Baitong’s pupils subtly darkened.

A strange sensation spread through him.

He had seen countless beautiful women in the industry—

Yet none had ever stirred such a strong, almost instinctive possessiveness in him.

We’re not even familiar…

And yet—

Looking at her worried expression, he suppressed his thoughts and coughed again.

“Forget it… your car is damaged too…”

“It’s fine!” Tang Wan cut him off immediately. “I live here—I have other cars. Wait here, I’ll bring one!”

Before he could respond, she had already released his arm and hurried toward the garage.

Watching her retreating figure—

Shang Baitong narrowed his eyes slightly.

So she lives here too?

He had been in this neighborhood for over three years—

And yet, this was the first time they had crossed paths.

Interesting.

Very interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1