Chapter 63: Cruel Prince 12

After returning to Tang Wan’s courtyard, her personal maid immediately knelt down and tearfully admitted her fault.

“I’m sorry, Miss! It’s all because I failed to arrive at the side hall in time that day... otherwise you wouldn’t have encountered His Royal Highness...”

Hearing this, Tang Wan raised a hand.

“Get up. This matter has nothing to do with you.”

Tang Qingzhu had already tampered with her wine. Even if the wine hadn’t spilled, she would have found another method to make Tang Wan encounter Feng Qitong anyway.

Still, the scheming methods of people in ancient times were truly terrifying.

One trap after another.

After dismissing the maid, Tang Wan looked around the original owner’s boudoir.

The room was exquisitely furnished. Tang Wan knew a little about antiques herself, so with just a casual glance, she recognized several valuable pieces immediately.

No wonder Tang Qingzhu was so jealous while still desperately trying to please Tang Wan.

The treatment Tang Wan received within the Tang family was extraordinary. Even a random item from her room would be something Tang Qingzhu could never afford.

But compared to Feng Qitong’s chambers, this place could practically be called simple.

...

Not long afterward, Elder Tang arrived.

Tang Wan quickly stepped out from the inner room.

“Grandfather!”

She stepped forward and greeted him properly.

Seeing Tang Wan, Elder Tang sighed helplessly.

“Wanwan, I know you never liked the Crown Prince before. But he truly does intend to marry you sincerely. Earlier in the Imperial Study, he willingly damaged his own reputation just to protect your honor.”

“Judging from this alone, he is someone worthy of trust.”

“Once you enter the Crown Prince’s residence, you must take good care of His Highness and avoid angering him, understood?”

Hearing this, Tang Wan felt slightly surprised.

She hadn’t expected Feng Qitong to willingly damage his own reputation to preserve hers.

That was completely different from the original plot.

So she immediately replied, “Grandfather doesn’t need to worry. I understand. And this time, it was thanks to His Royal Highness that I was protected. I’m grateful to him already, so how could I possibly dislike him?”

Hearing that, Elder Tang nodded in relief.

“That’s good. The Crown Prince will come tomorrow with the betrothal gifts. You should rest early tonight.”

“Yes.”

...

After Elder Tang left, Tang Wan returned to the soft couch and immediately said to the little cutie:

“Little Cutie, where are the photos I asked you to save this morning? Show them to me!”

Hearing this, the little cutie rolled its eyes dramatically.

“Host, let me remind you—I’m a newly created system! In human terms, I’m basically still an infant. Yet every day you make me record all these inappropriate scenes. Don’t you think that’s a little excessive?”

Tang Wan rolled her eyes back at it.

“Stop pretending to be innocent in front of me. If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t even know you had a recording function. Hurry up!”

Little Cutie: “...”

Still grumbling, it obediently pulled up the earlier images for Tang Wan.

After happily admiring Feng Qitong’s face for a while, Tang Wan finally put the images away and closed her eyes to rest.

...

That night—

After bathing, Tang Wan went to bed early.

Unexpectedly, in the middle of the night, her bed curtains were suddenly lifted.

Before she could react, a burning, powerful body pressed against her and pulled her tightly into an embrace while kissing her possessively.

Tang Wan was startled awake.

“Who is it?!”

“Who else do you think it could be?” Feng Qitong’s low voice sounded beside her ear.

Tang Wan: “!!!”

This dignified Crown Prince had actually climbed into a young lady’s room in the middle of the night like some rogue flower thief?

Unfortunately, she couldn’t afford to offend him.

So she could only push weakly against his chest and coax him softly:

“Your Highness... this subject still hasn’t recovered yet. Could you spare me tonight?”

After everything he’d done yesterday and this morning, her legs were still weak even now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1