Chapter 615: The Yin Demonic Venerable 32

 Just now, when she shielded Bai Tong from that sword strike, his favorability had already skyrocketed to 90 points. With a favorability of 90, that should be enough to make her more important to him than continuing his revenge, right?

……

Tang Wan's thoughts were correct.

Hearing her weak and feeble words, Bai Tong immediately nodded firmly. “Okay. I'll take you somewhere quiet right now, but you absolutely cannot sleep yet! Wait until we get there before you sleep, okay?” Bai Tong was terrified that once she fell asleep, she would never wake up again.

Tang Wan immediately nodded. “Mm! I promise I won't sleep!”

“Good! I'll take you away right now!”

With that, Bai Tong stopped paying attention to the cultivators around him. Carefully protecting Tang Wan's body, he sped away from Spirit Mountain.

After he left, some bold cultivators ventured into the area and were shocked to discover that the vast expanse of spiritual flowers had all withered at the same time.

At the same time, puddles of rotting matter emitting an intensely foul stench were left scattered across the ground.

Someone went forward to investigate, and soon discovered in shock that these soft, decayed remains had all been formed from human bones and corpses!

Just how many people had to have died for things to become like this?

For a moment, the cultivators who had entered all endured their nausea and quickly fled Spirit Mountain.

……

About an hour and a half later, Bai Tong brought Tang Wan to a mountain range near Spirit Mountain.

After finding a clean cave and entering it, Bai Tong spread a blanket over a large, flat stone and gently placed Tang Wan on it. Then he looked at her and asked softly, “Wanwan, how are you feeling? Have your bones been set properly? Should I give you some more blood?”

As he spoke, he took out a dagger and was about to cut his wrist to let some blood.

Seeing this, Tang Wan hurriedly said, “Tongtong, don't! Don't worry, I'm fine! My flesh and bones have already been reconnected. They just haven't completely healed yet. After I rest properly for a while, I should be fine.”

Only after hearing this did Bai Tong put down the dagger. He then bent down and gently rested his face against her slightly rising and falling chest. “Why are you so foolish? Why did you take that sword strike for me? Even if I had been hit, my life wouldn't have been in danger.”

Tang Wan gave him a weak smile. “But if you had been injured, those people would have thrown themselves at you and attacked you all at once. At that point, we really wouldn't have had even the slightest chance of escaping! Most importantly, I couldn't bear to watch you get hurt!”

Bai Tong's eyes reddened slightly upon hearing this.

“Even if I were injured, they still wouldn't have been my match,” Bai Tong said afterward.

Tang Wan smiled again. “Of course! I know Tongtong is the strongest!”

Then, somewhat tiredly, she said, “Tongtong, I'm so sleepy. Can you hold me while I sleep?”

“Okay!” Bai Tong readily agreed.

He then extended one arm and loosely encircled Tang Wan's petite body, but his eyes remained fixed on her without blinking.

The turmoil Tang Wan had stirred within his heart only began to settle somewhat after her breathing became slow and even.

……

Only after Tang Wan had fallen asleep did Bai Tong reach out and gently brush aside the sweat-dampened hair from her forehead.

Then he whispered, “Thank you for coming to me.”

In truth, the reason he had chosen not to leave was because he had long since prepared himself to die together with those sanctimonious people.

Rather than continuing to be exploited by certain people, who drained his blood and consumed his flesh, he would rather drag them all into hell with him.

But her appearance had made him change his mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1