Chapter 554:The Lonely Top Student 17

Tang Wan secretly breathed a sigh of relief as she looked at the torn glove in her hand.

Luckily, she had stopped in time.

Otherwise, if the glove had completely broken, her “bad luck buff” might have transferred straight to Jiao Tong.

Seeing the stitching on her white glove split the moment she let go, Jiao Tong’s expression darkened slightly.

Then he looked at her with concern and asked in a low voice, “Is it because… the thing inside me is too strong?”

Otherwise, how could the glove have been perfectly fine one second and torn the next?

Tang Wan froze for a moment.

Too strong?

A few seconds later, it clicked.

Wait… don’t tell me he actually believed everything I said?

She had casually told him before that things broke around her because she was “exorcising spirits.”

And now he thought the glove tearing was proof she was suppressing the ghost inside him?

For a moment, Tang Wan almost burst out laughing.

But she held it in, nodded seriously, and put on a solemn expression.

“Yes. To suppress the evil spirit in your body, we’ll need to hold hands every day from now on,” she said calmly. “That way, I can help weaken it. As it gets weaker and you get stronger, it won’t be able to threaten you anymore.”

Hearing this, Jiao Tong felt his cheeks heat up.

Then, in a voice as soft as a mosquito, he replied, “Okay… I understand. Thank you.”

So all this time, where he couldn’t see, she had been silently enduring things to help him suppress the soul of Jiao Chun inside him.

Tang Wan waved it off casually. “It’s nothing. Who told me I like you? Doing a little for you doesn’t matter.”

She dropped the confession as if it were nothing.

Jiao Tong’s ears instantly turned red.

This Tang Wan… she’s way too straightforward.

But strangely, when he heard her say she liked him, he couldn’t stop the happiness rising in his chest.

“Dip! Jiao Tong’s favorability +5. Current favorability: 70.”

Little Cutie couldn’t help complaining, “Host, you really have no shame! You were waiting for the villain to confess before, and now you’re just confessing directly?”

Tang Wan rolled her eyes. “Can you even compare the previous world to this one? Tongtong here is suppressed by another soul. If I play hard to get and make him chase me, wouldn’t that just torture him? Besides, I’ll let him enjoy being pursued for once.”

Little Cutie: …

Fair enough. Can’t argue with that.

Still… the villain really had it good this time.

Being actively pursued by the host—what kind of luck was that?

After school, the two packed up and left the classroom together.

As they walked out, many girls cast envious and resentful looks at Tang Wan.

How did she end up with the school’s Melancholy Prince?

So jealous!

I want to fight her… but I don’t dare…

As Tang Wan and Jiao Tong approached the school gate, they saw a group of students gathered around a girl, holding up their phones excitedly.

“Lin Ran, help me draw a card! I’m counting on you to get Xu Mo!”

“And mine too! Bai Qi, come home to your wife!”

Tang Wan glanced over and immediately understood.

The heroine’s koi luck was at work again.

She curled her lips slightly.

Interesting…

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1