Chapter 537:#007 the Killer King (End)

What Tang Wan didn’t expect was that while they were still moving through the sea, Hei Tong suddenly woke up in her arms.

But it wasn’t surprising—his body had been genetically modified and was highly resistant to anesthetics.

The moment he regained consciousness and realized they were deep underwater, shock flashed across his face.

“Wanwan—”

But in the water, his voice couldn’t reach her.

Fortunately, Tang Wan noticed he was awake. She quickly adjusted the diving device, wrapped an arm around him, and propelled them toward the surface.

Breaking through the water, they both took a deep breath.

Tang Wan looked at him anxiously. “Tong Tong, how do you feel?”

“I’m fine… but why are we in the sea?” Hei Tong asked, scanning their surroundings.

There was no sign of land anywhere.

Tang Wan explained quickly, “Jin Dao was surrounded. I injured Dr. Tang and the others, used her access card to escape, and even blew up a helicopter to fake our deaths. Right now, everyone thinks we’re dead. As long as we leave this area, we’ll be free!”

She flashed him a bright smile.

Hei Tong’s heart trembled.

Then guilt flooded his expression. “I’m sorry… I couldn’t protect you.”

He had watched her strapped to that table… unable to stop them.

He didn’t deserve her love.

Tang Wan shook her head immediately. “It’s not your fault! I know you were suffering too—you wanted to protect me. And in the end… you chose me, didn’t you?”

“You… don’t blame me?” Hei Tong looked at her, moved.

“Why would I? You’re my favorite Tong Tong in the world!” she said, smiling brightly.

At that, Hei Tong couldn’t hold back any longer.

He lowered his head and kissed her fiercely, like a storm breaking loose.


“Ding! Congratulations, Host. The mission is complete. You successfully prevented the destruction of Jin Dao and the deaths of thousands of researchers. Would you like to remain in this world?”

Little Cutie’s voice sounded faintly.

But Tang Wan had no time to respond.

Because right now—

Tong Tong’s emotions were burning hot, and she was completely immersed in them.


After a while, a wave rolled over them.

Hei Tong finally pulled back, looking at her with deep affection. “Wanwan… thank you for loving me. Thank you for forgiving me…”

Tang Wan smiled softly. “I love—”

Before she could finish—

A massive shadow surged from beneath the water.

In the next instant, a huge maw burst open like a net.

Everything happened too fast.

Their bodies were torn apart by overwhelming force—

Sharp teeth pierced through flesh.

“Shit—!” Tang Wan heard the sickening sound of tearing.

“Tong… Tong…”

She tried to reach for him—

But her arm wouldn’t move.

Blood spread across the surface of the sea, staining it red.

Moments later, the water churned—

And the crimson sea was swallowed along with them.

The predator flicked its tail and disappeared back into the depths.

As if nothing had happened.



Translator's Note:

A comparatively shorter arc with this one. To me it felt a little boring, personally, just not my fav... how about you? Did you like it?
Oh, almost forgot! There was one thing in this arc that was one of my favorites... yes, it was the way they died ๐Ÿ˜‚ So RANDOM???๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

—Cy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father