Chapter 528:#007 the Killer King 28

Seeing her nervous expression, Hei Tong couldn’t help but soften.

“I’ll go visit you often…” he said.

“No! I don’t want to go back! They’ll make me do research every day!” Tang Wan protested.

Hearing this, Hei Tong quickly reassured her, “Don’t worry. Whenever I’m free, I’ll stay at Jin Dao and keep you company, alright?”

Tang Wan hesitated, then nodded reluctantly. “Okay…”

Seeing that, Hei Tong finally relaxed a little.

The next day, the two returned to Jin Dao by helicopter.

What Hei Tong didn’t know was that Dr. Tang’s reason for bringing Tang Wan back wasn’t just for research.

At that moment, on Jin Dao—

Looking at the rows of nutrient pods, Dr. Tang asked Dr. Kara, “Well? Any successful incubation like 007?”

Dr. Kara shook his head. “We prepared 500 samples. Only a little over 100 achieved successful gene fusion. But out of those, half showed developmental abnormalities. So far, none have reached the level of 007.”

Dr. Tang frowned slightly.

At that moment, Dr. Ha, who had overheard their conversation, burst out angrily, “You’re actually experimenting with artificial humans? This is against all humanitarian principles! You—”

“Dr. Ha,” Dr. Tang interrupted coldly, “you probably don’t know this yet. The one who saved you—Tang Wan—is an artificial human. You’ve seen her strength and speed. Her IQ is 250—higher than yours.”

Dr. Ha froze.

“What did you say? That girl… she’s not human?”

“That’s right.”

Dr. Ha’s mouth fell slightly open.

He clearly remembered the moment Tang Wan had sent that man flying with a single punch.

At the time, he had already thought she was beyond human.

He hadn’t expected… she really was.

The next day, Tang Wan and Hei Tong arrived at Jin Dao.

As soon as they landed, Dr. Tang immediately took Tang Wan away.

Hei Tong frowned. “Doctor, where are you taking her?”

Dr. Tang shot him a sharp look. “Naturally, to the lab for examination. Hei Tong… you wouldn’t happen to have developed feelings you shouldn’t have for her, would you?”

Hei Tong’s heart tightened, but he quickly replied, “Of course not. She’s just very attached to me. I’m concerned that if I’m not around, she might lose control and cause trouble. Her combat ability has already surpassed mine.”

Dr. Tang frowned slightly at that.

“I see. I’ll prepare anesthetics,” she said.

Then she turned and left.

Hei Tong’s fists clenched.

Anesthetics?

Tang Wan had said before that, to preserve her brain’s precision, Dr. Kara avoided using substances that could affect her nervous system—like anesthesia or alcohol.

If it were just a routine check…

Why would they need anesthetics at all?

A bad feeling rose in his chest.

Without hesitation, Hei Tong turned and strode toward the laboratory, his expression dark.

At that moment, Tang Wan had already been brought into the examination room she had used before.

After confirming that her body was in good condition, Dr. Kara stepped forward.

“Wanwan, we need to take a small sample of your genetic material for testing.”

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father