Chapter 526:#007 the Killer King 26

But looking at the smile in his eyes, Tang Wan ignored the loud protest from her stomach and stared at him blankly, nodding. “I’m full…”

She had stuck to him every day for so long, yet this was the first time she had truly seen him smile.

She had imagined his smile many times—perhaps something icy melting, or something dangerously charming.

But when he actually smiled, she realized—

He was like a quiet, gentle breeze.

When those pale golden eyes looked at her with that faint softness, it felt like spring rippling across a still lake in her heart.

Before she could say anything more, Hei Tong’s lips twitched slightly. Then he reached out and tapped her forehead.

“You’re starving and still saying you’re full?”

Only then did Tang Wan snap back to reality.

She said a little awkwardly, “That’s because… Tong Tong, you look so good when you smile… I got distracted for a moment.”

Then she quickly added with confidence, “This just proves beauty works! Watching you smile is better than eating—I don’t even feel hungry anymore!”

Hearing that, Hei Tong instinctively suppressed the smile on his face.

But her last sentence still made it hard for him to stay completely composed.

“Sophistry,” he said, though his tone had softened. “Come on. I’ll carry you to eat.”

In truth, he could have simply ordered food to be brought to her room.

But then… he wouldn’t have a reason to hold her.

Tang Wan didn’t think that far. Hearing him, she immediately nodded and reached out toward him.

Hei Tong’s lips curved slightly. He stepped forward, carefully lifted her into his arms, and walked out steadily.

When the others in the villa saw this, they couldn’t help exchanging looks.

What the hell… since when did the boss get this close to a woman?

And who is she?

But no matter how curious they were, Hei Tong had no intention of explaining.

In front of others, he was still the cold and ruthless second-in-command of Jinkela.

After breakfast, Hei Tong received a video call from Dr. Tang.

“I heard Tang Wan was injured. What happened?” Dr. Tang asked sternly.

“It was my fault. I took her on a mission and she got hurt,” Hei Tong replied.

Dr. Tang frowned. “Has her IQ been affected? How is her recent training progress?”

Hei Tong paused briefly before answering, “Her IQ hasn’t been tested again. As for training… she adapts extremely quickly. If properly trained, she could surpass me.”

As soon as he said that, Dr. Tang’s face lit up. “Really? Then it seems the cyborg project can be put back on the agenda!”

If that were the case, she could create more individuals with both high intelligence and high combat capability.

Hearing this, Hei Tong’s heart sank.

“Doctor, I don’t recommend continuing the artificial human project. If they lose control—”

Dr. Tang waved a hand dismissively. “That’s not a major issue. Artificial humans may have superior intelligence and strength, but they are born without independent thought. As long as we instill loyalty from the beginning, there won’t be a problem. And even if something does happen…” she added calmly, “they can still be killed. Wasn’t Tang Wan injured by weapons just fine?”

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father