Chapter 524:#007 the Killer King 24

 “Sorry… I shouldn’t have snapped at you,” Hei Tong said after a while.

Tang Wan rolled her eyes, then pursed her lips. “Then kiss me, and I won’t be angry anymore!”

Hei Tong’s expression froze instantly.

Seeing that, Tang Wan added, “Ah… my wound suddenly hurts! What should I do? Maybe if Tong Tong kisses me, it’ll feel better!”

Hei Tong felt both helpless and amused, but still said flatly, “You just took painkillers. How would it suddenly start hurting?”

Tang Wan: …

Seriously? This man is hopeless.

She was so obviously asking for a kiss, and he still refused to understand!

But in the next moment, a large hand suddenly covered her eyes.

Before she could react, a cool, soft touch pressed gently against her lips.

It lasted only a moment.

Then his hand moved away. Hei Tong turned his face slightly and said indifferently, “There. I’ve kissed you. Is that enough?”

Tang Wan: …

Should I call you innocent… or just say you’re being perfunctory?

That was it?

It ended before she could even feel anything!

Grabbing his hand, Tang Wan protested immediately, “That doesn’t count! I didn’t even feel it, and you covered my eyes! Do it again—I want it again!”

Can’t this guy be a little more direct for once?

Hearing her dissatisfied protest, the corners of Hei Tong’s lips lifted slightly. Though his tone remained calm, it carried a faint warmth.

“You couldn’t have not felt it. Your sense of touch is ten times stronger than normal. Focus on recovering. I’m going out.”

With that, he turned and left the room rather quickly.

Tang Wan: …

I have nothing to say.

Little Cutie mimicked his tone, “You couldn’t have not felt it, your sense of touch is—”

“Say one more word and I’ll shut you down!” Tang Wan snapped.

Little Cutie immediately backed off. “Don’t be angry, host! Favorability is at 92—I’m leaving!”

An unhappy woman is terrifying. Better run!

Tang Wan’s lips curved upward at the mention of favorability.

Hah. Men… all the same. Saying one thing, feeling another.

At the same time, near the hotel they had just left, the female lead was answering a call.

In the original plot, Hei Tong would have been seriously injured during this mission. While escaping into an alley, he would’ve been rescued by the female lead, Liu Ye, after she got off work.

Meanwhile, the male lead, Zhou Haoran, would also be injured while investigating Jinkela and end up being saved by Tang Wan.

But now, everything had changed.

Zhou Haoran hadn’t met Tang Wan, and Liu Ye hadn’t encountered the injured Hei Tong.

Even so, Zhou Haoran was still wounded during his investigation—but this time, he escaped from Jin Dao.

Coincidentally, Liu Ye was the city’s top surgeon. When Zhou Haoran was brought in for emergency treatment, she received a call immediately.

“Liu Ye, return to the hospital at once. We have a critical patient who needs immediate surgery.”

“I understand, Director. I’m heading back now,” Liu Ye replied.

She quickly hailed a taxi and rushed to the hospital.

That night, due to the anesthesia, Tang Wan fell asleep not long after Hei Tong left.

What she didn’t know was that after she drifted off, Hei Tong quietly returned.

He stood by her bedside for a long moment, his gaze soft.

Then he lowered his head and gently pressed a kiss to her forehead.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1