Chapter 489: The Pure-Clad Dark Heir 39

“Of course. I love your innocent and guileless self during the day, and I love your domineering yet gentle self at night. I… don't want to see either of you get hurt. If I—” As she spoke, her breathing seemed to grow even weaker.

“If I die, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault…”

With that, her arm fell limply, her head drooped to the side, and she fainted.

Inside, however, she was secretly giving herself 10,086 thumbs-up.

……

Seeing this, Jiang Yuantong immediately burst into tears.

“Wife, don't die!”

The wandering soul, meanwhile, stared deeply at her for a while before turning to Celestial Master Zhang.

“Can you make us become one?”

Hearing this, Celestial Master Zhang immediately said, “Indeed. Shizi, rest assured. I guarantee that I won't hurt you in the slightest. If you continue to let yourself remain like this, sooner or later you will lose control. By then, you may even stop recognizing Shizi Consort.”

The wandering soul nodded after hearing this.

“I understand. Then begin.”

“Shizi has agreed?” Celestial Master Zhang asked cautiously.

“Mm.”

The heavy weight in Celestial Master Zhang's heart instantly fell away.

“Good. Then I shall begin now. The process may be somewhat painful, so please make sure you endure it,” Celestial Master Zhang said.

“It doesn't matter.” The wandering soul nodded.

……

Afterward, a maid carried Tang Wan's body into the room in fear and trepidation.

The wandering soul also entered the bedroom with them.

“Let's begin here,” the wandering soul said to Celestial Master Zhang.

“Very well. Shizi, please wait a moment.” Celestial Master Zhang began arranging the items needed to purify the souls.

Once everything was arranged, he said to the wandering soul, “Please enter the formation, Shizi. If everything goes quickly, it will only take half an hour.”

The wandering soul entered the formation expressionlessly, then looked toward Tang Wan lying on the bed.

She loves me!

She loves me too!

……

“Ding! The antagonist's affection +9. Current affection: 99! Host, you're really amazing!” Little Cutie couldn't help exclaiming in admiration.

Hearing this, Tang Wan said irritably, “What's so amazing about it? Didn't you see that I nearly lost my life?”

Humans and ghosts belonged to different realms. She was a living person who had a vicious ghost pestering her every night. Of course something was bound to happen.

Still, fortunately, her sacrifice had been worthwhile.

Hopefully, there would never be another world where the antagonist was a ghost. It really wasn't fun at all!

……

With Celestial Master Zhang's help, the wandering souls and ghosts that the wandering soul had devoured were quickly purified one after another.

However, because there were simply too many of them, the originally planned half an hour dragged on until late at night before it finally ended.

At this time, the wandering soul's body had also become a somewhat ethereal shadow.

Wiping the sweat from his forehead, Celestial Master Zhang finally breathed a sigh of relief. Then he said to Jiang Yuantong, who had been guarding the bedside, “Shizi, I will now put this soul into your body. Please do not resist.”

Seeing Jiang Yuantong's lips immediately purse in displeasure, he quickly added, “Just think of it as doing this for Shizi Consort.”

Hearing this, Jiang Yuantong's pursed lips immediately relaxed.

“Alright, then.”

……

Seeing that neither of them had any objections, Celestial Master Zhang finally breathed a sigh of relief.

Then, fearing that the two of them might cause another conflict, he hurriedly struck the wandering soul's body with his palm.

In an instant, a golden light shot forth, knocking the wandering soul into Jiang Yuantong's body.

Jiang Yuantong's body trembled slightly.

Immediately afterward, under the tense gazes of Celestial Master Zhang and the old Prince Lin, his expression gradually became composed, and his eyes also grew several shades deeper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1