Chapter 481: The Pure-Clad Dark Heir 31

Soon, Lao Lin Wang led Zhang Tianshi into the courtyard where Tang Wan and Jiang Yuantong lived.

In the yard, the two sat together—
one reading quietly, the other watching her with full attention.

The atmosphere was peaceful, almost warm.

“Tianshi Zhang,” Lao Lin Wang said, “this is my grandson, Jiang Yuantong. His soul can only return to his body at night. I hope you can help him fully recover as soon as possible.”

The moment those words fell, Jiang Yuantong’s expression changed.

He immediately looked at Zhang Tianshi with hostility.

“I don’t want that!” he said firmly. “Grandfather, I don’t want him to come back!”

If that person returned—

he would take his wife away.

Lao Lin Wang grew anxious.
“My dear grandson, this is not the time to be stubborn.”

But Jiang Yuantong remained unmoved.

At that moment, Zhang Tianshi shifted his gaze to Tang Wan.

“This young lady… is the consort?”

Tang Wan met his eyes calmly and nodded.
“Yes. Greetings, Tianshi.”

Zhang Tianshi stroked his beard thoughtfully.

“May I ask, recently—have you been feeling increasingly fatigued? Heavy in body, lacking energy?”

Tang Wan nodded.
“That is correct.”

She even showed a hint of confusion, as if surprised he could tell.

But Lao Lin Wang’s face tightened.

“Tianshi Zhang… is there something wrong with my grandson’s wife?”

Zhang Tianshi’s expression turned serious.

“It is more than a problem. It is a grave danger.”

He paused, then spoke clearly:

“If I am not mistaken, the consort is being entangled by a ghost. If this continues… she may suffer sudden death.”

The words struck like thunder.

Lao Lin Wang inhaled sharply.

Jiang Yuantong, however, reacted instantly—pulling Tang Wan into his arms protectively.

“You’re talking nonsense! My lady is perfectly fine! How could she die suddenly?!”

He refused to believe it.

But Lao Lin Wang… did.

“Tongtong is young-minded,” Lao Lin Wang said quickly. “Please don’t take offense, Tianshi.”

Zhang Tianshi shook his head lightly.
“The prince is too polite. The young master is sincere—it is only natural.”

Then he turned back to Tang Wan.

“Consort… do you have any sense of what this ‘ghost’ might be?”

Tang Wan fell silent.

After a moment, she said softly:

“It’s not… just a ghost.”

Zhang Tianshi’s gaze sharpened.
“Oh?”

“It’s his soul,” she said, glancing at Jiang Yuantong. “It comes to me every night.”

Silence fell.

Lao Lin Wang’s eyes widened in disbelief.
“His soul? How could… how could it become like this?”

Jiang Yuantong clenched his fists.

“I knew it! He’s the one harming my lady! I knew he wasn’t good!”

Zhang Tianshi frowned slightly.

This situation was… unusual.

Most people, upon discovering a missing soul, would desperately seek to restore it.

Yet here—

the young master resisted it.

Why?

Tang Wan spoke again, her tone calm but heavy.

“I don’t know when it started. About half a month ago… he began to take form.”

Zhang Tianshi’s expression darkened immediately.

A wandering soul gaining form…

could only mean one thing.

It had been devouring other spirits.

Suddenly, everything made sense.

On his journey to the capital, he hadn’t encountered a single wandering ghost—

something that should have been impossible.

He had assumed it was due to the emperor’s domain suppressing such things.

But now—

the truth was clear.

Those wandering souls hadn’t disappeared.

They had been consumed.

By Jiang Yuantong’s other soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father