Chapter 473: The Pure-Clad Dark Heir 23

Not long after breakfast, Tang Wan was summoned by the Lin Prince.

The matter was simple—she was to keep Jiang Yuantong’s condition a secret.

If the royal court learned that he could return to normal, the Lin residence would no longer be left in peace.

Tang Wan agreed without hesitation.

“Rest assured, Grandfather. Since I have married into the Lin family, I am one of its members. My husband’s safety comes first—I understand what must be done,” she said.

The Lin Prince nodded, clearly pleased. “Good, good. It is a blessing for our Jiang family to have you.”

“You flatter me, Grandfather,” Tang Wan replied with a faint smile.

After she left, Jiang Yuantong hurried over.

“Grandfather, how did I return last night? I don’t remember anything.”

The Lin Prince hesitated, then explained the situation in a tactful way.

After hearing it, Jiang Yuantong frowned deeply. “Grandfather is saying… that person is also me? He comes back every night?”

“Yes. That is why I plan to find a Taoist master to help your soul fully return to your body.”

“I don’t want that!” Jiang Yuantong said immediately, resisting. “He’s not me!”

That person… had secretly been close to his wife while he knew nothing.

How could that be himself?

The Lin Prince looked surprised. “But that is part of your soul. Only when it returns can you become whole again.”

Jiang Yuantong’s expression fell, turning aggrieved. “Does Grandfather think I’m not good like this? Hmph! Then Tongtong won’t like you anymore!”

With that, he turned and ran off.

The Lin Prince was stunned, then quickly realized his mistake.

“Go after him! Make sure nothing happens!” he ordered at once.

“Yes, Your Highness!”

Jiang Yuantong didn’t go far.

He ran straight back to the courtyard.

The moment he saw Tang Wan, he walked over and stared at her.

“Madam… do you think I’m strange?”

Tang Wan was taken aback.

Then, seeing his aggrieved expression, she softened.

“How could you be strange? Husband, you’re just fine.”

His eyes lit up instantly.

“Then Madam likes me?”

Tang Wan smiled and nodded. “Of course I do.”

“Then… which do you like more? Me now, or me at night?” he asked stubbornly.

Tang Wan: …

That was a dangerous question.

But she still replied gently, “Of course I like you now more.”

The moment the words left her lips, Jiang Yuantong’s face lit up with joy.

“I knew Madam likes me best!”

He immediately pulled her into his arms and kissed her happily.

At the same time—

A familiar voice sounded in Tang Wan’s mind.

“Ding! Favorability +20. Current favorability: 90… wait, that’s not right…”

The system paused in confusion.

“It should have reached full marks. Why is it only 90?”

Tang Wan’s expression grew thoughtful.

She had already sensed it—

This world was more complicated than it appeared.

The daytime Jiang Yuantong was simple and straightforward; treat him well, and he would return that affection wholeheartedly.

But the one at night…

He was sharp, calculating—and far more difficult to win over.

Yet both were him.

Which meant—

Only when both sides truly accepted her would the mission be complete.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father