Chapter 471: The Pure-Clad Dark Heir 21

After hearing this, Jiang Yuantong pouted so much he could practically hang an oil bottle from his lips. Still, he reluctantly nodded.

“…Alright.”

Seeing this, the Lin Prince finally relaxed. He patted his hand. “Good. Tonight, you’ll sleep with Grandfather, okay?”

“Mm!” Jiang Yuantong agreed.

That night—

Afraid he might accidentally fall asleep, Jiang Yuantong sat upright in the Lin Prince’s room, propping his eyelids open with his hands.

Watching this, the old prince felt both helpless and amused.

“My dear grandson, if you’re tired, just go to bed,” he said gently.

“No, Grandfather! I can stay awake!” Jiang Yuantong insisted.

For Madam, he had to endure it!

The Lin Prince couldn’t help but feel a pang in his chest.

They say once a man marries, he forgets his elders. His grandson had only been married two days, yet he was already willing to do this for Tang Wan.

It made him a little jealous—

But also reassured.

At least it proved Tang Wan treated him well.

When the time came for him to leave this world, he wouldn’t have to worry about his grandson being alone.

As midnight approached, the air in the room grew noticeably colder.

At that moment, Jiang Yuantong’s head suddenly dropped onto the table.

The Lin Prince hurried over. “Tongtong, go lie down first—”

But just then—

Jiang Yuantong lifted his head again.

His expression had completely changed.

He turned, stood, and knelt before the Lin Prince.

“Your unfilial grandson greets you, Grandfather.”

The Lin Prince froze.

Then, trembling, he helped him up, eyes wide with disbelief.

“T-Tongtong… you… are you… alright now?”

Jiang Yuantong stood calmly, his voice steady.

“Yes, Grandfather. When I had that high fever years ago, I had witnessed the deaths of my parents… I was so frightened that my mind changed, and I became like that during the day.”

He paused.

“Although I could return to my body at night, by then it was already asleep. I couldn’t wake up to tell you the truth.”

The Lin Prince’s face turned pale.

“You… you really saw it? Who was it? Who killed them?” His eyes reddened.

Jiang Yuantong’s expression darkened.

“It was someone from the royal court. They sent assassins. I saw Liu Jin with my own eyes.”

Liu Jin—

The head of the Eastern Depot.

A man who acted only under imperial orders.

The Lin Prince staggered back, grief and rage surging through him.

“I was already preparing to hand over military power… why did he still do this?!” His voice broke. “If I had surrendered it sooner, your parents wouldn’t have died… it’s my fault… I killed them!”

“Grandfather,” Jiang Yuantong said, steadying him, “this has nothing to do with you. It’s because the emperor cannot tolerate others.”

The Lin Prince looked at him sharply. “Tongtong… do you intend to seek revenge?”

Jiang Yuantong fell silent.

Seeing this, the Lin Prince’s expression turned stern.

“No! Absolutely not! You are the only descendant of the Jiang family. If anything happens to you, what will become of our lineage? You must not think of revenge!”

“But Grandfather—”

“Enough!” the Lin Prince cut him off sharply. “If you awaken only to seek revenge, then I would rather you remain carefree and foolish your entire life!”

He stared at him, voice trembling.

“You must promise me—you will never pursue revenge.”

Jiang Yuantong pressed his lips together, saying nothing.

The Lin Prince’s voice grew urgent.

“Do you want me, an old man, to bury my own grandson? Or do you want your wife to become a widow?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father