Chapter 466: The Pure-Clad Dark Heir 16

Looking up at his bright, expectant eyes, Tang Wan put down the account book in her hand and glanced at the maids nearby.

“You may all leave.”

“Yes, Consort,” they replied, bowing as they withdrew.

Once the room was empty, Tang Wan’s expression turned serious. “You gave me a gift just to ask for this?”

Jiang Yuantong immediately grew a little uneasy.

“Yes! Grandfather said that if I give you something to make you happy, you’ll like me more and be closer to me!”

Tang Wan fell silent for a moment.

That old man… he had really taught him everything.

Still, she had to admit—this version of Jiang Yuantong made it impossible to treat him like just a child.

“Do you like it that much?” she asked.

Jiang Yuantong nodded honestly, then looked down, fidgeting with his fingers. “Your lips are very soft… I like it.”

Tang Wan’s expression softened despite herself, the corners of her lips lifting.

Who said he was foolish?

With such straightforward sincerity, his words carried more weight than any practiced charm.

“You can… but remember, that’s something private between us. You’re not allowed to talk about it in front of others again. Do you understand?”

Jiang Yuantong immediately looked up, eyes bright. “I understand! Then can I now?”

Tang Wan hesitated briefly, then gave a small nod.

At once, Jiang Yuantong leaned in, holding her as he eagerly closed the distance between them.

Tang Wan was momentarily taken aback by his clumsy enthusiasm.

After a moment, she steadied him and responded, guiding him more gently.

Jiang Yuantong froze at first, then instinctively followed her lead.

By the time they separated, he was slightly breathless, his eyes shining.

“I like this,” he said happily.

Tang Wan smiled faintly. “That’s enough. I still have work to do.”

“Oh… then I’ll stay here with you,” he said obediently.

He sat beside her, propping his chin on his hand, watching her with an absent-minded smile.

Tang Wan shook her head lightly, then returned to the account book.

After a moment, she asked, “Can you read?”

“Yes!” Jiang Yuantong nodded immediately.

“Have you studied before?”

“I have. Grandfather even said I was good at it!”

“Oh? What have you studied?”

Jiang Yuantong began counting on his fingers. “The Four Books and Five Classics… works of various scholars… military texts… and history books…”

Tang Wan paused, surprised.

“All of them?”

Jiang Yuantong lifted his chin slightly, a hint of pride showing. “Yes! I can even recite them.”

Tang Wan fell silent.

For someone who was supposed to be “simple-minded”… that was far from ordinary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1