Chapter 453: The Pure-Clad Dark Heir 3

Tang Wan frowned slightly when she heard her mother crying.

“Why should you be sad, Mother? I actually see things clearly now. Although the Lin heir, Jiang Yuantong, may not be very bright, he has a pure heart. With so many people present, he was the only one willing to jump into the water to save me, wasn’t he?”

She paused, her tone calm.

“And what about His Highness the Prince, whom I once admired? Or those noble young masters who had shown interest in me? At such a critical moment, which of them cared about my safety?”

“Besides, in the Lin Prince’s residence, there’s no mother-in-law—only the old prince. If I marry in, I’ll live freely and comfortably. Isn’t that a good thing?”

But in her heart, Tang Wan was thinking something else entirely.

If not for the fact that this was her Tongtong, she would have stayed as far away as possible.

Call it “soul separation” if you want—but in plain terms, he was practically half a ghost.

And ghosts… were exactly what she feared most.

Mother Tang was stunned by her words.

The next moment, she sniffed and slapped her thigh. “That’s right! Why didn’t I think of that?”

Even if Jiang Yuantong was foolish, he was still the heir of the Lin Prince’s household. The family background alone was solid.

And without a mother-in-law to answer to, Wanwan would have an easy life!

“That’s my good daughter—so clever! That little wretch tried to ruin your marriage, but thinking about it now, the Lin household isn’t a bad match at all!”

Her expression brightened noticeably.

But soon, she hesitated again. “But… he is a fool. What if… he can’t fulfill his duties as a husband? Wouldn’t you end up a widow in all but name?”

“Mother!” Tang Wan blushed and coughed lightly.

Seeing this, Mother Tang quickly waved her hand. “Alright, alright—I won’t say more. Just rest and recover. I’ll take care of the marriage arrangements.”

Privately, she thought: Even if his mind isn’t sound, his body should be fine.

As long as Wanwan gives birth to a son for the Lin household, she’ll secure her position for life.

After Mother Tang left, Tang Wan leaned back against the pillow and closed her eyes.

But in her mind, she spoke to the system.

“Little Cutie, is there any way for Tongtong’s soul to fully merge back into his body?”

She wasn’t afraid of dealing with a “foolish” Tongtong.

But the thought of a wandering soul… that was another matter entirely.

If she didn’t know, she wouldn’t be afraid. But knowing there was something unseen around her—

Just thinking about it made her skin crawl.

Little Cutie sounded helpless. “Host, I’m a product of science. Your question falls under… theology. I can’t answer that.”

Tang Wan almost scoffed.

“Oh? Then why didn’t you say that when you matched me with Tongtong? Isn’t fate-matching also part of theology?”

Little Cutie quickly defended itself. “That’s different! The main system has a matching program. It just processes your data and calculates the best match—I only read the results.”

Then, eager to prove its usefulness, it added, “But don’t worry, Host! Even if I don’t know the answer, there are people in this world who might. You could try finding a skilled Taoist priest to ask?”

Tang Wan let out a soft snort.

“Some help you are.”

She had thought this was just an ordinary ancient world.

Who would’ve expected it to turn into something bordering on the supernatural?

This just got a lot more troublesome.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1