Chapter 43: Diablo 40

But what Yun Nuan never expected, even in her dreams, was that when she arrived nearby, she would see more than a hundred tall, muscular men standing in the darkness.

For a moment, Yun Nuan couldn’t help thinking: I only hired a few people. Did those thugs see how pretty Tang Wan was and call even more people over?

But this was way too many, wasn’t it?

At that moment, the bodyguards suddenly split apart in perfect unison, making way down the middle.

Once the path opened, Yun Nuan clearly saw the punks she had hired.

Her face instantly turned pale, and her hands clenched tightly.

Meanwhile, Tang Wan slowly walked out from the crowd, her expression icy as she stared directly at Yun Nuan.

“Student Yun Nuan, what grudge do you have against me that you’d hire people to ruin me?” Tang Wan asked coldly.

Even if the system didn’t allow her to break apart the male and female leads, she was still the victim here. She couldn’t just allow herself to be harmed without fighting back, could she?

Besides, she had never tried to seduce the male lead or deliberately interfere in their relationship.

Even if there were punishment measures from the system, she wasn’t going to be scared into silence.

Yun Nuan trembled after hearing Tang Wan’s accusation and immediately denied it.

“Tang Wan, there must be some misunderstanding! I don’t even know what you’re talking about!”

“Heh. Then let him explain.” Tang Wan sneered.

As soon as she finished speaking, she kicked one of the yellow-haired punks hard.

The thug immediately cried out miserably and hurriedly begged for mercy.

“Who told you to target me?” Tang Wan asked coldly.

Hearing this, the thug quickly pointed at Yun Nuan.

“It was her! She gave us one hundred thousand yuan and told us to ruin you! She even said it’d be best if you disappeared from this world completely!”

“He’s lying!” Yun Nuan panicked instantly. “I’ve only been here for two days. How could I possibly know someone like him? Someone must be deliberately framing me! Tang Wan, we used to sit together in class. Why would I hurt you for no reason?”

She absolutely could not admit to this.

Otherwise, her entire image would be ruined, and Lu Yi would definitely think she was a vicious woman.

Tang Wan only sneered again and looked at her as if she could see straight through her.

“You know very well why. Luckily, I value my own safety enough to hire professional bodyguards the moment I arrived here. Otherwise, something really would’ve happened tonight.”

Yun Nuan felt a chill run down her spine under Tang Wan’s gaze, as if all her secrets had been completely exposed.

At that moment, Lu Rongrong immediately jumped in.

“It can’t be Yun Nuan! Don’t talk nonsense! She’s been with me all day!”

Lu Yi also stepped forward at that time.

“Tang Wan, maybe there’s some misunderstanding here?” he said calmly.

Tang Wan didn’t even spare him a glance.

“Whether it’s a misunderstanding or not isn’t for you to decide,” she said coldly. “For the sake of her helping me before, I’ll let it go this time. But there won’t be a next time. Otherwise, she can go sit in prison.”

Then she turned toward Tang Yitong.

“Tongtong, let’s go.”

“Okay.” Tang Yitong immediately followed her.

At the same time, the bodyguards quickly dispersed, leaving only two people following behind Tang Wan as they escorted her safely back into the hotel.

After Tang Wan left, Lu Rongrong immediately stomped her foot angrily.

“Why is she framing Yun Nuan like this? Brother, Yun Nuan would never do something like that! Tang Wan must’ve staged everything herself!”

Lu Yi gave her a cool glance.

Lu Rongrong immediately shut her mouth.

Afterward, Lu Yi said calmly, “I’ll investigate this matter myself. You two should go back to the hotel first.”

“Oh…” Lu Rongrong nodded obediently.

Meanwhile, Yun Nuan’s heart had already turned cold.

Then she hurriedly grabbed Lu Yi’s sleeve, tears streaming down her face.

“Brother Lu Yi, I really don’t know what’s going on. You have to believe me… wuwuwu…”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father