Chapter 426: Seventies: The Mature Husband 26

 “Cheng'er, what nonsense are you talking about?” the village Party secretary said with a dark expression.

Divorce was considered a disgrace at this time!

He would never agree to it!

Not to mention that Huo Shaoting was now crippled. If her family insisted on getting a divorce at a time like this, what would everyone think of them?

Chen Cheng's mother also looked disapproving. “A divorced woman isn't easy to marry off. Besides, it's not like Huo Shaoting definitely won't recover!”

“Mom, he won't recover! I've seen it. He can barely even stand up now. And who says I'm not easy to marry off? I want to marry Xue Xingtong. He'll definitely agree!”

“What did you say? What's gotten into you today? You actually want to marry that old hooligan from the Xue family?”

Hearing this, Chen Cheng thought it over and decided to tell her parents that she could see the future, presenting it as something she had seen in a dream.

“Dad, Mom, don't get worked up! Just listen to me first.”

“A few days ago, I had a prophetic dream. I dreamed that next year, the country would restore the college entrance examination! By the end of the year after next, reform and opening up would begin. By then, our current production team would be disbanded, and the household responsibility system would be implemented!” Chen Cheng said.

“Disband the production team?” The village Party secretary frowned.

“It was only a dream!” Chen Cheng's mother glared at her.

“Mom, let me finish. In the dream, I saw Xue Xingtong become a private entrepreneur after reform and opening up! Later, he became a major tycoon with assets worth hundreds of millions!” Chen Cheng said.

“If you don't believe me, I'll tell you something else. Chunsheng from Sixth Aunt's family will drown while playing in the water in a few days.” Chen Cheng spoke with certainty.

She remembered that during rice transplanting that year, Sixth Aunt's son had gone off to play in the water by himself without an adult watching him. As a result, he had fallen into a pond and drowned. It wasn't until the next morning, when his body floated to the surface, that he was discovered.

……

Seeing how certain Chen Cheng sounded, the village Party secretary and his wife couldn't help looking at each other.

“You're sure?” Chunsheng was Old Sixth's only son.

If he drowned, wouldn't Old Sixth's family be devastated?

“I'm absolutely sure. If you don't believe me, let's wait a few days and see! Then you'll know whether it's true or not!”

“What about Huo Shaoting? Didn't you dream about what would happen to him later?” the village Party secretary asked.

“I did. He later married that Tang Wan!” Chen Cheng said through gritted teeth.

As soon as she said this, the village Party secretary frowned. “If that's really the case, then I suppose letting you marry Xue Xingtong isn't out of the question.”

That wastrel had been able to raise two children, so he clearly had some ability. If the country's circumstances really changed in the future, someone like him might actually be able to make something of himself.

……

“Dad, you agree?” Chen Cheng asked happily.

“Don't get happy too soon. Everything depends on whether your dream is proven true. What if everything you dreamed about was just something you made up in your head?” the village Party secretary said.

“Don't worry. It will definitely come true!” Chen Cheng said with absolute certainty.

Then she hugged her mother and said, “Dad, Mom, don't worry. Once Xue Xingtong becomes a big tycoon, our family can move to the capital and live in a big villa! We won't have to farm here anymore!”

“It's too early for you to be thinking about all that. And you absolutely cannot let anyone else know about these things. Otherwise, won't everyone think you've gone crazy and are imagining things?” the village Party secretary reminded her.

“Dad, I know! I've only told you and Mom!” Chen Cheng immediately said.

“Good that you know.” The village Party secretary nodded.

……

The next day, they began transplanting rice seedlings again.

On the way, the village Party secretary happened to run into Sixth Uncle Chen and his wife heading to the fields to work.

Thinking of what Chen Cheng had said, he couldn't help asking, “Old Sixth, where's Chunsheng?”

Hearing this, Sixth Uncle Chen replied, “I've locked him up at home!”

“Oh.” The village Party secretary felt relieved.

He shouldn't be in any danger now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1