Chapter 420: Seventies: The Mature Husband 20
As a former billionaire businesswoman, Tang Wan naturally couldn't be insensitive to money.
She was simply accustomed to using money to improve her quality of life, so after coming here, she had thought little about what she wanted to eat or buy and never made herself suffer.
And now look at her. Just because she had spent New Year, half of the five hundred yuan her parents had sent before the holiday was already gone.
She really was a spendthrift!
……
Looking at Tang Wan's mournful expression, Little Cutie laughed without the slightest trace of sympathy.
“Host, you're still very rich even after all that! With your brains, you'll definitely earn it back. I believe in you!” Little Cutie said.
Hearing this, Tang Wan gave a light snort. “Of course!”
She wasn't bragging, but this era was widely recognized as one of the easiest times to make money.
If she couldn't make money even now, then all those years of business experience would have been for nothing.
……
Since three hundred yuan was still a little too little as starting capital, Tang Wan shamelessly sent a telegram home, asking her family to send her another five hundred yuan.
The Tang family was considered a ten-thousand-yuan household at this time, so they could still afford five hundred yuan.
When Tang Wan's parents received her telegram, however, both of them were somewhat puzzled.
“Didn't we just send her five hundred yuan before New Year? How did she run out of money so quickly?” her mother asked.
Hearing this, her father wasn't particularly concerned. “Let her spend it however she wants. You know how stubborn she is. She's been out in the countryside for so long. If she weren't really in need, she probably wouldn't have sent us a telegram asking for money. Just go to the bank this afternoon.”
Hearing this, her mother immediately felt distressed. “That's true. She must really be out of money! No, I'll go to the bank right now.”
“The bank is already closed. What's the point of going now?” her father reminded her.
“I forgot about that!” Her mother slapped her forehead.
……
The next day, Tang Wan received her mother's telegram.
Knowing that her family had transferred the money to her, Tang Wan breathed a sigh of relief.
A few days later, Tang Wan went to the bank to withdraw the money. Then, taking advantage of the fewer people around at noon, she went to Xue Xingtong's house.
At that moment, the Xue siblings were eating. Their meal consisted of sweet-potato steamed buns and some wilted pickled vegetables.
When he saw her, Xue Xingtong instinctively wiped his mouth with his sleeve before standing up. “Why is Educated Youth Tang here? Come inside and sit.”
Tang Wan smiled faintly, then entered the main room and said to Xue Xingtong, “I'm here today because there's something I'd like to ask Comrade Xue to help me with.”
Hearing this, Xue Xingtong's heart stirred.
Then he said to the twins, “You two go eat in the courtyard.”
“Oh.” The siblings nodded and took their steamed buns outside.
……
After the two children left, Xue Xingtong looked at Tang Wan. “What is it, Educated Youth Tang? As long as it's something I, Xue Xingtong, can do, I'll go through fire and water without hesitation.”
Hearing this, Tang Wan immediately burst out laughing.
What was this guy imagining?
Looking at her smiling eyes, Xue Xingtong's heart began pounding wildly.
At this moment, Tang Wan said with a smile, “Don't worry. It's not anything that will cost you your life, although there is definitely some risk involved.”
“Here's the situation. I saw in the newspaper that someone had been arrested for engaging in speculation and profiteering. That person used four hundred yuan to buy goods in a coastal city, then came back and sold them for seven hundred yuan, making a profit of three hundred. Although engaging in speculation and profiteering isn't anything honorable, I think it's a business opportunity. I happen to have some money on hand, so I want to make some money from it too.”
“However, this is quite risky. If you're willing, we'll split the profits fifty-fifty. If something happens, I won't hold you responsible for the money either. What do you think?” Tang Wan explained carefully.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ