Chapter 401: Seventies: The Mature Husband 1

“But you said other people aren't like this, so why am I the only one like this?” Tang Wan said indignantly.

“Hehe… I don't know either.” Little Cutie gave an awkward smile.

He then began extracting Tang Wan's emotions and calculating the points she had earned this time.

Afterward, he asked, “Host, do you want to draw from the lottery this time?”

“Draw!”

“Okay!” Little Cutie happily brought up the lottery screen.

Tang Wan casually tapped it. Before long, a golden star appeared. It was a Tenfold Points Card.

Her eyes immediately lit up.

What a good thing!

“Host, your luck is really good!” Little Cutie applauded.

Tang Wan nodded. Then she rubbed her hands together and tapped again.

The wheel spun, and before long, another golden star appeared.

“Congratulations, Host! It's one drop of Brain Development Fluid. After taking it, it can help develop your brain and make you smarter! Would you like to use it now?” Little Cutie said excitedly.

Host's luck today was way too good, wasn't it?

“Use it!” Tang Wan was a little excited too.

What was going on today? Her hand seemed to be blessed with some kind of magical luck. She had actually gotten two good things in a row.

She suddenly felt like she had activated a cheat!

……

Tang Wan had originally thought that after using the Brain Development Fluid, she would instantly become some kind of peerless genius or something.

But in the end, she didn't feel anything special at all.

“Little Cutie, why do I feel like I haven't changed at all?” Tang Wan asked.

Hearing this, Little Cutie immediately said, “Don't worry, Host. The effects are gradual. You'll know how useful it is once you start studying.”

“Oh.”

“Then shall we enter the next world now?”

“Mm, let's go!” Tang Wan nodded.

“Beep! … Task world detection in progress…”

“… Task world traversal in progress… Beep! Traversal successful!”

After Little Cutie finished speaking, Tang Wan thought she would once again land safely on solid ground like before.

Who would have thought that the moment she entered the body, she found herself in the middle of an icy river?

Her mind had already become muddled from lack of oxygen, and her arms felt completely weak and powerless.

Damn!

I'm done for!

Is it really going to make me die the moment I arrive?

……

Just as Tang Wan was internally screaming bloody murder, an arm suddenly wrapped tightly around her body.

The next moment, her head broke above the surface of the water, and she instinctively sucked in a huge breath of air.

Before long, someone dragged her onto the riverbank and began forcefully pressing down on her chest.

“Wah!”

After a moment, Tang Wan spat out several mouthfuls of water, then coughed violently several times before finally stopping.

At this moment, a deep, resonant male voice sounded.

“Are you all right now? It's cold out. Hurry home and make yourself some ginger soup to get rid of the chill.”

Hearing this, Tang Wan immediately raised her eyes and looked at the man.

What she saw was a masculine, resolute face, with thick, dark eyebrows, bright eyes, and a straight nose, making him quite handsome.

However, judging from his clothes, he seemed to be a soldier.

Because she had yet to receive the plot of this world, Tang Wan didn't know who he was. She could only say gratefully, “Thank you for saving me.”

“Don't mention it. It's what anyone should do. Since you're fine now, hurry home. I'll be going first.” The man smiled faintly.

Tang Wan nodded, then asked, “I haven't asked your name yet. What are you called?”

“My name is Huo Shaoting. I'm from Hekou Village,” the man replied.

“I'll remember that.” Tang Wan nodded solemnly, while thinking to herself, Looks like he's not my Tongtong.

……

After Huo Shaoting left, Tang Wan hurriedly began receiving the plot of this world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father