Chapter 341: The Delusional King of the Entertainment Industry 43

Seeing that Tang Wan didn't seem very happy, Li Qing was a little puzzled. “What's wrong? Aren't you excited at all? Lu Che is practically a guarantee of box-office success.”

Hearing this, Tang Wan pouted. “I'm already with Tongtong now. Those two have never gotten along very well, so what if Tongtong gets upset because Lu Che and I are starring in the same movie?”

Only then did Li Qing look enlightened.

She then said, “But this is completely normal in the industry. Don't tell me you don't want to do the movie because of this! With Le Tong around, you can afford the penalty for breaking the contract, but you can't just throw away ten million for nothing!” Li Qing looked at her somewhat anxiously.

Seeing this, Tang Wan sighed softly before saying, “Don't worry, Sis Li. Since I've accepted the job, I'll do it properly. But I've decided that after this movie, I'm going to quit the entertainment industry.”

“What? Quit the industry?!” Li Qing was stunned.

“You'd better think this through! Le Tong may really like you right now, but a man's heart can change even more easily than a woman's! What if he stops loving you one day? If you've also quit the industry by then, won't you have lost both your love and your career?” Li Qing earnestly tried to persuade her.

Seeing this, Tang Wan's lips curved slightly. “Sis Li, I understand what you mean. But don't worry. I'm only quitting acting. I'll still have a job.”

Seeing how unconcerned she seemed about her current popularity, Li Qing looked at her with a complicated expression. After a long while, she finally said, “All right. Since you've already made up your mind, I won't stop you.”

“Thank you, Sis Li. After I leave the industry, you should go work at Tongtong's company and manage some artists there. You're such a responsible manager. I'm sure you'll be able to bring up other top-tier stars in the future,” Tang Wan said.

Hearing this, Li Qing nodded helplessly.

……

When Le Tong heard that Tang Wan was going to film a movie with Lu Che, he immediately exploded.

“No! Wanwan, you can't film a movie with him!” Le Tong said nervously.

Although he didn't want to admit it, that guy Lu Che really was good-looking. What if... what if Wanwan got seduced by him?

There wasn't a single good man in the Lu family! Hmph!

Besides, what if this guy learned that Wanwan was his girlfriend and deliberately tried to seduce her, hurt her, or make things difficult for her?

Hearing Le Tong's words, Tang Wan's heart stirred. She reached out and took his hand.

“Is Tongtong worried that I'll fall for someone else?”

With that, she put on a stern expression. “Do you really think I'm such a fickle woman?”

“No, that's not what I meant! Don't overthink it!” Le Tong hurriedly said.

“Don't worry. In my eyes, you're the best and most handsome man in the whole world, Tongtong. I promise I won't even look at Lu Che. This is just my last job before I leave the industry, so I want to do it well and give myself a proper ending. Trust me, okay?” Tang Wan said gently.

Of course, she could turn down this job too.

But when she thought about the grudge between Le Tong and the Lu family, she felt it would be better to take advantage of this filming opportunity and find a chance to resolve the matter.

……

Looking at Tang Wan's gentle and trusting gaze, Le Tong's heart softened.

“All right, then. But Lu Che is a really bad person. You absolutely can't believe anything he says!” Le Tong reminded her worriedly.

Hearing this, Tang Wan suppressed a laugh. “Of course. I promise that apart from speaking to him for our lines, I won't say a single word to him!”

“That's more like it.” Le Tong nodded.

But in his heart, he was thinking: No, I absolutely can't let them be alone together. I'm definitely going to visit the set when the time comes!

What if that animal Lu Che does something to Wanwan?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father