Chapter 338: The Delusional King of the Entertainment Industry 40
Hearing Li Jian's words, Le Tong lazily leaned against Tang Wan and said, “Got it. What a hassle. I have to explain myself to so many people just because I'm dating someone. How about I just quit the entertainment industry?”
That way, he wouldn't have to deal with all this messy nonsense.
Besides, he wasn't short of money anymore.
The moment Le Tong said this, Li Jian's expression immediately changed.
He then looked at him uneasily. “My little ancestor, don't tell me you're actually thinking about quitting the industry? Fine, I won't interfere with whatever you do anymore, okay?”
No one knew Le Tong's money-making ability better than he did.
If Le Tong really quit, where would he find another top-tier celebrity to manage? And wouldn't all the hair on top of his head have gone bald for nothing?
Seeing Li Jian's frightened expression, Le Tong's eyes lit up, and he immediately grinned mischievously.
“Brother Li, so you're afraid I'll quit the industry.”
Hearing this, Li Jian glared at him sternly. “Stop fooling around with me. I've been worrying myself bald over you all these years, and now you want to quit the industry? Dream on!”
Then he looked at Tang Wan. “Tang Wan, you should keep an eye on him too! I can't control this guy anymore. Hmph!”
Hearing this, Tang Wan couldn't help smiling. “Don't worry, Brother Li. Tongtong was just joking.”
As soon as he heard that, Le Tong immediately said, “Wanwan, I wasn't joking. Being a celebrity is exhausting. If I keep doing this, I won't have as much time to spend with you.”
Compared to work and Wanwan, of course Wanwan was more important.
……
After hearing Le Tong's words, Tang Wan couldn't help curling her lips into a smile before leaning close to his ear and saying, “You don't have to quit. I'll quit.”
Le Tong: “???”
“But didn't you just enter the industry?”
“Did you forget? I entered the entertainment industry just to pursue you. Now that we're already together, naturally there's no reason for me to stay in this industry anymore. Once I've finished dealing with the work I have on hand, I'll come work as your assistant. How about that? Then we'll be able to stay together all the time.” Tang Wan smiled.
Hearing this, Le Tong's eyes immediately lit up as he looked at her, his expression somewhat moved. “Sure! You said it yourself.”
In his heart, he was thinking: I never imagined Wanwan would love me this much. She's actually willing to give up her promising career for me! From now on, I'll definitely work hard to make money and support you!
At the same time, Little Cutie's excited notification sounded.
“Ding! Le Tong's favorability +1. Current favorability: 100. Congratulations, Host, on completing the攻略!”
……
Because of her mind-reading ability, Tang Wan also knew what Le Tong was thinking at that moment.
Hearing that he thought she had sacrificed her career for him, Tang Wan couldn't help laughing helplessly.
But she might as well let him keep believing this misunderstanding.
When Li Jian heard Tang Wan's words, he was also somewhat shocked.
“Are you sure?” Her career had only just begun, and judging from her current popularity, there was a very high chance that she would eventually become a top-tier celebrity.
Yet for Le Tong, she was actually willing to quit the industry at this point?
“Of course. I wasn't particularly attached to this industry in the first place.” Tang Wan smiled faintly.
Li Jian was completely convinced.
Now, he finally understood why Le Tong liked her.
If someone were willing to make such a huge sacrifice for him, he would fall for her too!
But how did Le Tong manage to meet such an amazing woman? Sob, sob, sob!
That guy Le Tong was way too lucky, wasn't he?!
……
Seeing the complicated and envious expression on Li Jian's face, Le Tong wrapped an arm around Tang Wan's waist and smugly said to him, “Feeling like you're about to turn into a jealous lemon now?”
Li Jian: …
I really want to pluck all your hair out!!
All you ever do is stab me right in the heart!
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸