Chapter 304: The Delusional King of the Entertainment Industry 6

At this moment, the noodles they had ordered arrived.

Le Tong immediately put down his phone and took off his mask.

In an instant, a fair and handsome face appeared before Tang Wan.

Tang Wan’s gaze involuntarily fell upon his face.

His features were bright and handsome, brimming with youthful vitality. In particular, his large, cat-like eyes sparkled with dazzling light, and when he smiled, a cute little canine tooth showed.

Apparently noticing Tang Wan staring blankly at him, Le Tong suddenly raised an eyebrow and asked rather smugly, “Am I much more handsome than Lu Che?”

Tang Wan immediately nodded seriously. “Of course. How could Lu Che possibly compare with you?”

You’re my future husband, after all. Of course you’re the most handsome!

“I knew you had good taste! You’ll definitely become hugely famous in the future!” Le Tong said confidently.

What he was thinking was: A female celebrity who rides the great King’s popularity and still doesn’t become famous? That would be against the laws of heaven!

That’s right. He was just that confident!

……

“Thanks for the good wishes. Hurry up and eat! Otherwise, it’ll be bad if the netizens figure out that we’re still at the airport,” Tang Wan said.

“Mm.” Le Tong nodded, then picked up his chopsticks and buried his head in his food, eating heartily.

Seeing this, Tang Wan’s lips curled slightly.

Just as she was about to eat as well, her phone rang.

Seeing that it was her manager calling, she answered slowly.

The next moment, Sister Li’s excited voice nearly broke into a shriek.

“Wanwan, ahhh! How did you get to know the King of Music, Le?! Are you his older sister?! Otherwise, why would he help you?”

The corner of Tang Wan’s mouth twitched.

Her manager certainly had quite an imagination.

“No, Sister Li. I just happened to run into him at the airport. And I’m not his sister.”

“Pfft, pfft, pfft! You think I’ll believe that? With Le Tong’s status, if there wasn’t something going on between you two, would he help you? If you’re not his sister, then you two must be secretly dating, right? Or… did he become your sugar daddy?!” Her manager’s voice suddenly rose several octaves.

The next moment, her tone became stern as she launched into a lecture.

“You wouldn’t actually become his mistress just to get famous, would you? What have I taught you? We’re taking the route of becoming respected artists through our own ability! Come back here immediately!”

……

Hearing Sister Li, Tang Wan couldn’t help smiling faintly.

There were plenty of managers in the entertainment industry who wished their artists would sell themselves to climb the social ladder. But after an artist she had been close with was sold off by her former company and jumped to her death, Sister Li had left that company and joined the small agency she was currently with. No matter how difficult life became, she had never considered making Tang Wan sell herself.

If the two of them hadn’t recently become so poor that they were almost unable to pay the rent, Sister Li would never have come up with the idea of having Tang Wan stage a collision and ride someone else’s popularity.

“Sister Li, you’re overthinking it. Tongtong found out that I’m his fan, so he kindly let me ride his popularity a little. Tongtong and I are eating right now, so I’ll hang up. Anyway, don’t worry. I won’t do anything improper,” Tang Wan said.

Then she hung up.

At this moment, Le Tong looked up at Tang Wan.

“Your manager may not have much of a brain, but it looks like she treats you pretty well.”

He worked in music, so his hearing was especially good. Tang Wan had not tried to avoid letting him hear the call, so he had heard everything Sister Li said.

……

Tang Wan smiled slightly. “Sister Li is a good person.”

As soon as she finished speaking, Le Tong’s phone rang as well.

But he only glanced at it before directly rejecting the call.

Seeing this, Tang Wan couldn’t help asking, “You’re not going to answer?”

“No need. It’s obviously my manager calling from someone else’s number.” He had already temporarily blocked his manager’s number.

Who could blame him? His manager was always nagging him and forbidding him from eating spicy snack sticks!

The staff had been eating spicy snack sticks backstage today, and he had practically drooled himself dry watching them eat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father