Chapter 236: The Abstinent Gigolo 36

 At this time, Tang Wan was being forced by the Tang family to go on a blind date.

Because after Father Tang and Mother Tang found out that Xi Jingtong had once worked as a host, they firmly opposed her being together with “that kind of man.”

Tang Wan immediately frowned.

“Mom, Dad, Tongtong isn’t dirty at all.”

“If it weren’t for him, who knows what would’ve happened to me when I was eight years old?”

The moment those words came out, Father Tang looked stunned.

“Wanwan, what do you mean by that?”

“Dad, have you forgotten the little boy who got kicked by the traffickers while trying to save me?”

“That boy was Tongtong.”

“No one understands his condition better than you do.”

“The reason he worked at that club was only to earn surgery fees for his grandmother.”

“I guarantee he’s never had improper relations with any woman.”

Tang Wan spoke with absolute certainty.

But Mother Tang still looked distressed.

“Even so…” she said helplessly, “you still can’t be with a man whose body is… abnormal.”

After all, Xi Jingtong’s condition meant he couldn’t live a normal married life.

Wasn’t that basically condemning Wanwan to suffer forever?

Hearing this, Tang Wan immediately replied:

“Mom, I understand what you mean.”

“But you also know my condition.”

“When I see other men, I get scared. I can’t even interact with them normally.”

“Tongtong’s condition actually suits me perfectly.”

“And after we marry, I’d never need to worry about cheating or affairs either, right?”

Mother Tang instantly fell silent.

Meanwhile, Father Tang frowned deeply.

“That still won’t do.”

“A man willing to sell himself for money isn’t worthy of entrusting your life to.”

“Who knows whether he’s only after the Tang family’s money?”

“Dad! Tongtong isn’t that kind of person!”

“Enough.” Father Tang’s tone became firm. “I absolutely won’t agree to this relationship.”

“You’re going on a blind date tomorrow.”

Father Tang truly was grateful that Xi Jingtong had once saved Wanwan’s life.

But back then, the Tang family had already done everything possible to compensate him.

He didn’t believe they owed Xi Jingtong enough to marry their daughter off to him out of gratitude.

Seeing how stubborn her father was being, Tang Wan felt helpless.

But she also knew directly confronting him now would only make things worse.

So she could only temporarily compromise.

“Dad, I know both of you are doing this for my own good.”

“I won’t fight with you over it.”

“But at the very least, you should give Tongtong a chance to prove himself.”

“As for tomorrow’s blind date…”

“I’ll go.”

“But if I end up vomiting the moment I see the guy, don’t blame me for embarrassing you.”

After speaking, Tang Wan stood up from the sofa.

“I’m going upstairs first.”

“You and Mom should sleep early too. Don’t stay upset over this matter.”

The moment she returned upstairs, Tang Wan immediately called Xi Jingtong.

Then, in a pitiful tone, she told him everything that had happened.

After listening quietly, Xi Jingtong remained silent for a very long time.

Seeing this, Tang Wan’s heart immediately tightened.

“Tongtong… are you angry?”

“I swear I only love you.”

“And I promise I won’t even look at the blind date properly!”

Only then did Xi Jingtong finally speak in a hoarse voice:

“It’s okay.”

“You should go.”

“Your father is right.”

“If I were him, I also wouldn’t marry my daughter to a man who used to work as a host.”

From Xi Jingtong’s perspective, Father Tang’s attitude wasn’t wrong at all.

More importantly—

he had always understood clearly that Tang Wan deserved someone far better than him.

“Tongtong…” Tang Wan instantly panicked.

Even though his favorability hadn’t dropped at all, the tone in his voice still made her uneasy.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1