Chapter 228: The Abstinent Gigolo 28
Hearing Tang Wan’s decision, the cold mechanical female voice immediately responded:
“Understood.”
Then the system
notification disappeared.
The moment it
vanished, Little Cutie burst into loud sobs.
“WAAAAH! Host, you’re
too much!”
“For whose sake did I
break the rules?!”
He’d risked violating
the Interstellar Artificial Intelligence Management Law just to help the host
vent her anger—
and this was how she
treated him?!
The baby system felt
unbearably wronged.
…
Seeing Little Cutie
crying so miserably, Tang Wan couldn’t help laughing.
“Alright, stop
crying.”
“I only said I’m not
upgrading you for now. I didn’t say I’d never upgrade you.”
“Once this world ends,
I promise I’ll restore your level.”
“Really?” Little Cutie
sniffled pitifully.
He’d genuinely been
afraid the host would stay angry forever and refuse to restore him permanently.
If it was only one
mission world…
then he could endure
it.
“Of course.” Tang Wan
nodded seriously. “You’re my Little Cutie.”
Hearing this, Little
Cutie instantly looked touched.
“Host… if you lie to
me again, then I-I…”
He dramatically
conjured a tiny knife and pressed it against his wrist artery.
“I won’t live
anymore!”
Seeing this
exaggerated performance, Tang Wan immediately nodded solemnly.
“I promise I won’t
regret it.”
“Okay, it’s late now.
I’m going to sleep.”
After speaking, she
yawned lightly.
…
Not long after Tang
Wan fell asleep, she vaguely felt someone gently tucking her blanket around her
again.
Without even opening
her eyes, she already knew it had to be Xi Jingtong.
This man was seriously
too considerate.
With that thought,
Tang Wan quickly drifted into deeper sleep peacefully.
…
Early the next
morning.
Not long after waking
up, Tang Wan overheard a nurse gossiping while changing dressings nearby.
Apparently, a patient
in another ward had nearly frightened himself into a heart attack last night.
He kept insisting he’d seen ghosts, worsened his injuries from panicking, and
even scared himself badly enough to wet the bed.
After hearing this,
Tang Wan immediately looked toward Xi Jingtong deliberately.
“Tongtong, who are
they talking about?”
“Oh.” Xi Jingtong
replied calmly. “That overly noisy guy who keeps shouting all the time.”
“So it was him.” Tang
Wan snorted softly. “Serves him right.”
Then she looked at Xi
Jingtong again.
“Good thing you stayed
with me last night. I slept really well.”
Hearing this, Xi
Jingtong’s gaze flickered slightly.
“That’s good.”
What he didn’t say
was—
after Tang Wan fell
asleep last night, he’d quietly turned on his phone light and stared at her
sleeping face for a very long time.
And the longer he
looked…
the more beautiful she
seemed.
…
After breakfast, Tang
Wan said casually,
“It’s daytime now, so
I’ll just stay in bed and rest. You should go handle your own things and come
back tonight.”
Xi Jingtong assumed
she meant visiting his grandmother at the rehabilitation hospital, so he
nodded.
“Alright. If anything
happens, call me immediately.”
“Okay!”
…
But after Xi Jingtong
left, Tang Wan quickly became bored again.
So she started playing
Fight the Landlord in her mind with Little Cutie.
And just like that,
half a month passed.
…
During those days, Xi
Jingtong came every single day to accompany her, cook for her, and feed her
meals personally.
Yet despite all that—
his favorability
stubbornly remained stuck at 79.
Not even a single
point increased.
Tang Wan frowned
thoughtfully.
After thinking it over
for a long time, she finally realized the problem.
Xi Jingtong was
afraid.
Afraid that once her
androphobia fully recovered, she would eventually develop normal physical
desires—
and then discover he
physically couldn’t satisfy her at all.
So what Tang Wan
needed to do now…
was make Xi Jingtong
understand clearly that she truly didn’t care about his physical condition.
That what she wanted
was purely spiritual love.
A completely Platonic
relationship.
Thus, after being
discharged from the hospital, Tang Wan suddenly asked Xi Jingtong one Saturday
evening:
“Tongtong, do you want
to watch a movie with me tonight?”
“Okay.” Xi Jingtong
agreed without hesitation.
So after dinner, the
two of them leaned together on the sofa in front of the projector and began
watching a film about Platonic love.
As for why Tang Wan
chose this movie specifically—
because after
searching for a long time, she couldn’t find anything more straightforwardly
symbolic than this.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸