Chapter 219: The Abstinent Gigolo 19
Tang Wan’s mouth opened slightly in surprise.
“No wonder…”
Then she curled her
lips upward and narrowed her eyes lazily.
“I have to admit, even
if Xi Jingtong has his problems, he’s still way better than certain weak men
who only know how to bark.”
Little Cutie
immediately chimed in flatteringly:
“Exactly! Otherwise
how could he possibly qualify to be your husband-host?”
“That’s true.” Tang
Wan nodded seriously in agreement.
Then Little Cutie
cautiously asked, “Host… are you still angry now? Look, the male lead already
got beaten up so badly by the villain.”
The moment he said
that, Tang Wan snorted coldly.
“That was Tongtong
helping me vent my anger. What does it have to do with you?”
Little Cutie instantly
looked wronged.
“But… but I also
helped broadcast the live scene for you!”
Tang Wan let out
another sneer.
“Haha. You only showed
me the footage because the villain happened to be there anyway. If you can’t
even do something that basic as a system, then what use are you?”
Her baby-level anger
wasn’t something that could be soothed that easily.
…
Seeing this, Little
Cutie drooped his head pitifully.
“Host… can you forgive
me this once? I promise I’ll never trick you like this again.”
Tang Wan suddenly
raised an eyebrow.
“It’s not impossible
for me to forgive you.”
“Huh?” Little Cutie
instantly perked up. “As long as Host forgives me, I’ll do anything you want!”
Tang Wan’s lips curved
wickedly.
“The male lead’s arm
is broken now too, so he’ll definitely end up hospitalized. Tonight, I want you
to create some strange noises in their ward and pretend to be a ghost to scare
them.”
After all, she
remembered something from the original plot.
Yun Zhe loved acting
fearless and showing off.
When the heroine
suggested going to a haunted house, he’d stubbornly agreed despite being
terrified.
But the moment they
entered, he was so frightened that he fainted on the spot.
And hospitals…
Hospitals already
carried heavy yin energy to begin with.
If something strange
happened in the middle of the night, Yun Zhe would probably cry from fear.
Little Cutie quickly
calculated the consequences before nodding enthusiastically.
“No problem!”
As long as he wasn’t
directly harming the protagonists or breaking up the CP, simple ghost-scaring
technically didn’t violate regulations.
Seeing him agree so
quickly, Tang Wan finally smiled in satisfaction.
“Now that’s more like
it.”
Little Cutie
immediately patted his chest proudly.
“Of course! Leave this
matter entirely to me!”
…
Outside the ward, the
medical staff had already rushed over after hearing the commotion.
The moment one of the
doctors saw Yun Zhe’s limp arm hanging unnaturally at his side, he froze.
“A-Zhe? What happened
to you?!”
Zhou Xiaoxiao
immediately pointed angrily at Xi Jingtong.
“He did it! He already
broke my arm before, and now he broke A-Zhe’s too! I’m definitely calling the
police to arrest him!”
Hearing this, Xi
Jingtong remained completely calm.
Without even looking
at Zhou Xiaoxiao, he addressed the doctors and nurses nearby.
“There are
surveillance cameras in the corridor. They’ll prove I acted in self-defense.”
“I only came out to
remind them not to make noise in the hospital hallways. Then this gentleman
suddenly attacked me.”
“I merely defended
myself appropriately.”
“Even if the police
come, I’m still in the right.”
Seeing how composed
and guiltless Xi Jingtong looked despite having just beaten someone up, the
doctor instinctively turned toward Yun Zhe.
“Is that true, A-Zhe?”
Yun Zhe immediately
looked both furious and humiliated.
“Would I have hit him
if he hadn’t broken Xiaoxiao’s arm first?!”
At that, Xi Jingtong
finally looked at him indifferently.
“And do you know why I
broke her arm?”
“This young lady
nearly crashed into me first. Then, without my consent, she forcibly grabbed my
arm and lied to you that I was her boyfriend.”
“Who knows whether the
two of you planned this together as some kind of extortion setup?”
“I only injured her
while protecting my personal safety.”
“Was I wrong to defend
myself?” Xi Jingtong asked calmly.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸